Post Match Thread: Barca vs City

Well I am not going to hammer them for that. Second half we gave it a go. Sergio really should be scoring in such an important game. He has been missing some great chances recently and they are costing us.

Over two legs we can have no complaints. They were exceptional at times and cut us to pieces. Messi is just a joy to watch and he was on fire both legs.

The first half was extremely disappointing from an offensive point of view as well as a shambles at the bag.

Great performance from Joe Hart, one of our better players this season.

Credit to Demichellis for his performance and Fernandinho for his efforts.

Nasri should be ashamed of his performance as it stank the place out. He is such a cry baby.

BLUEMATT23 said:
Overall not a bad performance but let's not kid ourselves, realistically we are at the upmost of 10 years away from ever having a chance of winning the champion league.

We are nowehere near the level yet we need to get to and this team has ended it's cycle.
Still we're above you and haven't spent £150 million in one season either

Most of Citys backup players are poor on the ball, they don't fit the style the club want. I think that is one of the big problems. Even the backup players should be confident ball players.

My opinion - you'll never be a team as good as the likes of Barca if you keep Pellegrini and keep buying only decent/pretty good players (Bony, Fernando, Navas, Sagna, Demichellis, etc). What happened to signing players like Aguero and Silva? You need world class players and manager to get to that level.

build a team led by a manager that can repeatedly win domestic honours and progress in this comp will ultimately follow

we are still miles behind the elite of Europe right now and all the previous justification for bringing in Pellegrini because of his alleged expertise in Europe is looking somewhat wide of the mark right now

Second half was allot better then the first but we should of really lost that game by four or five if it wasn't for a great performance by Hart, Over the two legs just not good enough from us Barca deservedly through in my opinion. I think this may be the end of some players like Nasri and Yaya as well.

Disappointing but on to the Premier now and we need a miracle there as well, Poor season overall for me with the exit tonight just adding to the shite season it has been.

without a dream said:
The second half is the blueprint for how we should play.

Full credit to Joe though, absolutely incredible performance today. He can walk of that pitch with his head held high.

It is but we still could concede 5 goals in 2nd half too.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Well I am not going to hammer them for that. Second half we gave it a go. Sergio really should be scoring in such an important game. He has been missing some great chances recently and they are costing us.

Over two legs we can have no complaints. They were exceptional at times and cut us to pieces. Messi is just a joy to watch and he was on fore both legs.

The first half was extremely disappointing from an offensive point of view as well as a shambles at the bag.

Great performance from Joe Hart, one of our better players this season.

Credit to Demichellis for his performance and Fernandinho for his efforts.

Nasri should be ashamed of his performance as it stank the place out. He is such a cry baby.
Lost it at home. They were relaxed all game

Next season we need to win the group.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.