Post Match Thread: Barca vs City

No shame in losing to barca...they were brilliant. A lot of players out there tonight aren't good enough though

ayia napa blues said:
Am hearing pride improvement

Waw some people have low expectations

Out played from the fitst to the last wistle we are light years behind

A 10-0 agg score wouldn't have been harsh

The only feeling I have is a sinking one of how far behind we are

As some have pointed out were reaping of the rewards of 3-4 poor transfer windows

Have a lie down

They were always gonna have a lot of opportunities on the break when we threw everyone forward but let's be honest if Sergio scores that penalty anything can happen. Half our team were on yellows after the first half therefore couldn't make a tackle for fear of seeing red.

Also, people saying we rely on Joe Hart: isn't that why we have a good 'keeper so he does make good saves? Look at the rags this year how many times has De Gea won them games?

What can I say. I feel like we had every fucking God known to man rooting for is in this game. I think the damned Barcelona players were rooting for us at many points in this game. We had Hermes invade Hart. We had Tyche and Loki fucking with the ball and the bar. We even brought on Jesus if you can believe it. There was no one in heaven, hell and on earth against us today, execept Messi. And even he must have been exhausted from cheering us on. Barcelona did not beat us. We just....we just lost.

I'm not saying setting up like this would have won us the game in the first leg but playing 442 was fucking comical. This core has had it's chips, time to rebuild.

Balti said:
build a team led by a manager that can repeatedly win domestic honours and progress in this comp will ultimately follow

we are still miles behind the elite of Europe right now and all the previous justification for bringing in Pellegrini because of his alleged expertise in Europe is looking somewhat wide of the mark right now

We got as far in Europe as any British team despite having tougher games

grim up north said:
ayia napa blues said:
Am hearing pride improvement

Waw some people have low expectations

Out played from the fitst to the last wistle we are light years behind

A 10-0 agg score wouldn't have been harsh

The only feeling I have is a sinking one of how far behind we are

As some have pointed out were reaping of the rewards of 3-4 poor transfer windows

Have a lie down
On a motorway.

Don't understand anyone saying Yaya didn't try. For me he gave all he had but unfortunately he doesn't have much to give these days.

Positives
Joe
Merlin
Kun
Navas

Okay
MDM
Sagna
Bony

Not good enough
Jimmy
Kola
Komps
Yaya
Samir

Was anyone really surprised? We never had a chance.

Hart was great. We yearn for a busy and eventful Summer.

We simply couldn't afford any passengers tonight and unfortunately there were 3-4. Against mediocre sides that many players not on their game would cause problems, against a world clas, fast moving, pressing Barca it was only going to end one way.
Hart was magnificent and this game will do wonders for his confidence in the coming weeks, that's a huge positive on an otherwise pretty miserable night.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.