Post Match Thread: Barca vs City

Barca did us a favour tonight. Those who don't belong at this level were shown up. Chequebook out.

Joe and Fernandinho were immense.

Not a bad peformance.

Hart was outstanding, kept us within reality of getting a draw for the entire game.

Aguero's pen was poor but it's not often he fluffs it on the big stage. Freak accident.

Bigger Issues:
Yaya as CDM. Neville alluded to it, he just can't play in that position. He doesn't track back and leaves so much space in front of the back four. If you have to play him, play him as CAM.
Crossing/corners. A title challenging side can't kick a ball into the box well. Txiki needs to buy somone for RM, but given his purchase history, it'll be someone really average.

To quote Mark Radcliffe: "when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?"

Still think if Navas and Zaba started our game could be better, but not this out classed.

I'll repost what I wrote on Facebook, because originality is hard work:

A defeat is always painful, but it's easier to take when you lose to a better team. On current form, Barcelona are arguably the best club side on the planet. Just look at that forward line... unreal. As such, no complaints.

We played much better than the first leg - not saying much, admittedly - but it was ultimately fruitless against such strong opposition. The missed pen? Annoying, but at least it saved me yelling at the screen for the last ten minutes. It's the hope that kills ya.

PS: I know he's prone to the odd brain fart, but Joe Hart was astounding tonight.

A decent effort but the first leg killed us and we are a few players short in competing with the.

Balti said:
build a team led by a manager that can repeatedly win domestic honours and progress in this comp will ultimately follow

we are still miles behind the elite of Europe right now and all the previous justification for bringing in Pellegrini because of his alleged expertise in Europe is looking somewhat wide of the mark right now

He is not capable of getting this team into the elite group of Europe for two reasons.

This team is nowhere near good enough and he is not good enough.

Lets just hope we are motivated enough to finish top three this season.

Barca are a better side. It could have been much worse, but Joe was great.

Its frustrating. But we're still not there yet.

Not good enough looking like the pub team trying its best against an upper team but end losing.

It is quiet the same team since 2011
Who is to blame ? The players ? For the salaries they get ? The manager ? Or the board who buying crap since 2011?

Im not asking to trash barca but at this level at least make it as close as possible

Hart had a very good game, but doesn't mean i ll make him the new messiah. He is paid very well to do his job : good goalkeeping

Even Psg do well against Barca 2 years ago 2 draws this year 1 win 1 loss

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.