Post Match Thread: Barca vs City

forevermancity said:
No shame in losing to barca...they were brilliant[/size]. A lot of players out there tonight aren't good enough though

And just one goal better tonight! We need players who can bottle up the middle when needed and spring into attack in an instant. I'm certain we had players like that not so long ago.

It's there for all to see now who has a future at the club, horrible to say as he has been a good servant for City but Yaya is finished, Nasri his close friend can go aswell, petulant 3 out of ten games player.Kolorov poor.Dzeko and Jovetic are finished IMO.

Txiki has got his work cut out shifting some of those out.

The Lads that finished the game need to start Saturday,

Need to batten down the hatches now and grind the season out, take top three and look forward to the summer.

Thought Manuel got his tactics spot on by the way.

Can't fault the team for effort but my thoughts on where the club is currently at is still the same. All players gave their all bar Nasri and Toure, Hart had the game of his life. We are also two hundred light-years away from Europe's elite so their needs to be changes this summer. Please owners breathe new life into this team!!!

Showed some pride 2nd half - went for it as we had to and thanks to Joe we didn't get embarrassed - thought we improved when we went 4-4-2 and Yay went off, though we are a level or two below Barca - major changes needed to get anywhere near them

Hart 10/10 Incredible - similar though better than Dortmund home game from a few years back
Sagna 6/10 slow, ponderous, pulled out of position too often
Kolarov 6/10 Not terrible, ok going forward, liability at the back
Demichelis 5/10 poor night, showed his age
Kompany 6/10 Nothing special - heads not right
Silva 6/10 good work rate 1st half, bit missing 2nd
Yaya 5/10 couple of good shots but not much else
Fernandinho 6/10 improving again but not the player of last season
Milner 4/10 poor - clearly not staying with us
Nasri 5/10 worked harder than usual but poor attitude, could have been easily sent off
Aguero 6/10 out of form for weeks now

Bony 6/10 few nice flicks but not much else
Navas 6/10 great pace, great work rate shocking decision making with the final ball/shot
Lampard 5/10 not his fault but what's the point!

Anything less than 2nd and Pellers is gone in June

Disappointing and frustrating with the sense of "What might have been" had we scored the penalty but if it weren't for Joe, we could easily be discussing a 6-0 drubbing.

Away from Hart, thought Ferna and Navas had decent games. If Navas had a better final ball, we'd have been in 3/4 times. That's the most annoying thing about him.

Being honest, we're miles away from reaching the level of the top teams in Europe, and only a decent summer can change that. We're not getting any better. Our squad is far too old and now look to have reached its peak. We need to get energy in midfield, some more flexible players. Look at Barca's attacking players, they all interchange and link up with the midfield. Ours don't. It's side-to-side passes, slow and predictable. They signed Rakitic in the summer for around 15 million. More or less what we spent on Fernando. That's where we're going wrong.

Massive summer needed now our season is over by mid-March.

GHoddle said:
My opinion - you'll never be a team as good as the likes of Barca if you keep Pellegrini and keep buying only decent/pretty good players (Bony, Fernando, Navas, Sagna, Demichellis, etc). What happened to signing players like Aguero and Silva? You need world class players and manager to get to that level.
We've played them now when we are in our lowest moment for a long time

Toure is unfit, and Kompany is a shadow of what he was. But they'll recover

FFP sanctions, or meeting the target have had an effect. The spending has stopped but I still think this team should have done much better this season than what we have

I can take going out of the Champions League to Barca or losing to Bayern. What is hard to accept is some of the performances we have put in this season against CSKA Moscow and our defeats in the domestic Cups

City now are short on confidence. Our run of results has been appalling and we just need to turn the corner and quick.

If we turn it around, we can reassess in the Summer.

Lucky to get out of there with a 1-0 loss, to many average players. Really makes me laugh when some think giving MDM a contract extension is a good move ffs, where we are and want to be we need to be aiming miles higher with lots of players, Milner, Sagna, Kolarov, Fernando, Navas are no where good enough for us now !

Second best by a country mile.
The scoreline flattered us, and Joe Hart could well have won man of the match.

It would be unfair to say it was a poor City performance, it was 'credible' - but no better than that.
The workrate of foreign teams seems 10-20% above that of ours, stats might prove otherwise, but it certain feels like they are quicker to every 50/50 ball, thus making it a 65/35 ball in their favour.

Can't argue with the fact that we've played two on the three likely winners. Barca are simply better than us right now, and we must accept it.

Nasri was suckered in the niggling. He should know much better. We were lucky to keep all 11 players truth be told.

I don't believe any PL team would have won tonight. Chelsea might have ground out a result on a different night, but that's about as good as it gets.

West Brom puts the fear of God into me though.

birchwoodgingerste said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Well done Joe!

Navas made a big difference and Aguero got us through the group as it is.

Toure is finished.

I was suggesting Nasri for future captain material a few weeks back.

He seems to have eaten at the captain's table for the last month judging by the amount of timber he was carrying.

We need five new first-team starters.

i thought one was in the bag 50 mill bid and all?

Perhaps the club want more than one player, eh?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.