Post Match Thread: Barca vs City

Salfordian Blue said:
I'll repost what I wrote on Facebook, because originality is hard work:

A defeat is always painful, but it's easier to take when you lose to a better team. On current form, Barcelona are arguably the best club side on the planet. Just look at that forward line... unreal. As such, no complaints.

We played much better than the first leg - not saying much, admittedly - but it was ultimately fruitless against such strong opposition. The missed pen? Annoying, but at least it saved me yelling at the screen for the last ten minutes. It's the hope that kills ya.

PS: I know he's prone to the odd brain fart, but Joe Hart was astounding tonight.
I'd say Bayern are the best

Back to the grind. We knew we weren't going to win that

Huge game for Barca, and they were confident and in a great position whereas we went into it chasing the game, in bad form, short on confidence, manager under pressure

In circumstances we're out of Champions League but I feel like we haven't been humiliated and that's what I was expecting. Managed to reduce expectations so much, actually feeling OK

Back to coping under the old City. The old survival instincts still there

shallyman said:
Only player who had Barca back-peddling was Yaya. Game was over as soon as he was taken off.

This wins the most ridiculous post of the evening ..

He should never wear our fucking shirt again

1-0 isnt embarassing. If someone sees the results only could say well thats not a bad loss for City. But anyone who watched could see that dpending on City defenders, midfielders, tactics it was closer to 8-0 which is the embarassing thing.

Tactically we were murdered. Bad/unlucky finishing from Barca and great Hart moments are only reason its only 1-0. Nothing else. But its not like Barca really had to attack as they were 3-1 up most of the time in this game.

Hart, Silva and Aguero are the only players in our squad who could get in their squad. Only Hart could get in their 1st eleven.
We need a complete rebuild. Zab and Kompany could recover their old form, but, there's been no real sign of it this season so you have to wonder whether they will just become squad players for us, or be moved on along with the rest of the rubbish we have overpaid for in the last 2 years - including Bony!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.