Post match thread : Borussia Monchengladbach away CL

The defence was all over the place never in a straight line! Kolarov seems to knackered now and is playing woeful sagna too! Both center backs look nervous and not at home in a high line the quicker we get vinny and clichy back is go7ng to be pivotal to our chances of success this season! What I would say is we looked a lot more solid when fernando come on! And him and diniho picked us up off the deck and dragged us over the line something we have been asking for on here so that was a pleasant suprise! Would have liked to see kdb get more involved last night he seemed to go hiding as like last saturday! Positives were diniho for me should be captain when vinny is out oeads by example! Hart was fantastic and sterling and sergio looked very sharp! And navas got us driving forward when he come on! Never thought I wouldmsay this but can't wait for international break hopefully we will have some players back after that!

Otamendi has been thrown in at the proverbial deep end and the speed in particular is very different to La Liga. Also i feel that if it was Mangala or Vinny he was partnering it would be more comfortable for him Demechelis is sadly in his last year in the prem . He has a fantastic football brain ,but the way we play PACE is a must i wish we has Demi 10 years ago

I'm a german traindriver and I found in the morning a MCFC Fan Flag in my train from Gladbach to Cologne.
img_0088.jpg

Who is the owner of this flag ? Send me an email.

Thought many of the problems stemmed from the enormous gap between the midfield anchors and the two Argentinians at the back. In the first half, there was a good 20 yards of free space between both lines, and teams at this level will exploit such generosity. The gap was significantly reduced in the second half.

still people on here knocking Fernando and while we all can have an opinion i thought he got a lot right last night

Thought many of the problems stemmed from the enormous gap between the midfield anchors and the two Argentinians at the back. In the first half, there was a good 20 yards of free space between both lines, and teams at this level will exploit such generosity. The gap was significantly reduced in the second half.

Spot on.

Yaya was completely unfit and ineffectual last night and we could have had a back 8, they would still have had a free run at us.

Hart's post-match comments are both pertinent and perhaps give an insight to dissatisfaction through some sections of the side?

He said we need to get our balance back to where it was in the first five games, that we were an unbalanced team.

This was when Navas was in the team and we were stretching teams on both sides?

We've suddenly had teams able to stop the overlap, jamming Sterling into a corner, the ball having to come back, slowing the pace of the attack.

Navas, regardless of his final ball, impacts the psyche of the opposition. As does Toure's name on the team sheet in Europe.

The manager might have to break a couple of Grade A eggs to achieve the required.

Hart's post-match comments are both pertinent and perhaps give an insight to dissatisfaction through some sections of the side?

He said we need to get our balance back to where it was in the first five games, that we were an unbalanced team.

We've suddenly had teams able to stop the overlap, jamming Sterling into a corner, the ball having to come back, slowing the pace of the attack.

Navas, regardless of his final ball, impacts the psyche of the opposition. As does Toure's name on the team sheet in Europe.

The manager might have to break a couple of Grade A eggs to achieve the required.

For what it's worth Tolmie, I thought when Yaya and Silva went off we looked much better. We stopped with the slow tepid possession and were more balanced and direct.

It makes me laugh the way people say that "if we play like that against the big boys we'll get smashed".

Last time I checked in all of the big games such as Madrid, Bayern, Barca and Dortmund, Hart has been our man of the match.

Us playing that open is nothing new but it does have to change.

I agree.

Last night’s front 4 of Sterling, Kun, Silva, Kdb does not set up into a natural shape. Navas is a right winger all day long where as KDB and Sterling will always follow the ball and look to play in space. That’s fine if you balance the team around it but we also have Yaya who will look to get forward and get on the ball in the middle - it all starts to look like a free for all.

We look much better when wide players stay wide. It works better defensively and in attack as we spread the defence and create space for the likes of Silva or KDB to work in.

Could the answer be KDB playing a deeper role alongside Fdinho, Navas on the right and drop Yaya?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.