Post match thread : Borussia Monchengladbach away CL

Navas & Fernando subs made a big difference but so did GladBach's energy levels dropping off a cliff

I think this can be a key part of our tactical substitutions in the second half.
1. Sub Yaya for Fernando if we are ahead and to keep it more tight in the middle. Need to preserve Yaya from now on.
2. Sub either of Silva or Debruyne for Navas when the opposition legs are tired.

Great going forward and good resolve to come from behind but that defence is just not suited to the high line. Also Yaya and Silva were clearly less than 100%, no idea why Fernando didn't start, thought he made a big difference 2nd half.
Spot on mate, the game summed up in a nutshell. Don't understand why we didn't defend deep and play more on the break with the team we had out, especially away in CL. We need to be more tactically flexible based on our available players, the opposition and which competition we are playing in. Thought they tired in the last 20 minutes as well which helped us.

The solution is staring everybody in the face. It's Yaya Toure. Lazy. You can't win football matches without your centre mids doing their job. He leaves the team completely open. IF Pep comes he goes.
No, that's a problem not a solution.

Just naming a player doesn't solve everything. I assume you mean just playing someone else in his place, but that doesn't solve our defending problem in my eyes; Fernando came on and they still cut through us with ease.

Theres more to it than just playing a different player.

The worry for me is what Pelegrini said about yaya not being 100% and carrying a slight injury! Sorry but yaya in his position should not be playing games like last night when not 100%.. Pelegrini said yaya said he was ok to play, sorry Pelegrini should be not picking him and not leaving it up to him that goes with every player for me ..

What a night
0c8597d28d246bb9560b80363a32cfbe.jpg

As a team BMG ran 8 km more than us and eventually ran out of steam as we had more and more possession. We defended too high last night as we lacked pace and we need to be understand that we don't have to play a 2 1 7 formation even when chasing the game.

At least these problems have reared their head now and can be fixed before we reach the heavyweights of Bayern, Madrid etc. Thankfully the opposition last night didn't have the quality to put us away but we can learn from that and be ready when the big guns come around

Aye, you cannnot blame the defenders in games like this. In the champions league the whole team needs to be able to defend, not just the back 4 and holding midfielders. For at least a decade in the CL, teams get everyone behind the ball when they lose possession, often with a lone striker defending the halfway line and playing on the shoulder for counter attacks. City are trying to retain a PL style of play, with 4 players who don't defend at all, and this is the crux of your problems in the CL.
I think this is a very precise and correct analysis. Strange that we keep repeating this isn't it?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.