Post Match Thread: City v Juventus

Status
Not open for further replies.
City should have sown the game up early on. The old saying of take the chances when they come could not be more true tonight.
City have plenty to be pleased with -outstanding performance fromFernandinho and good stints from Bony ,Yaya and Mangala
We deserved more but forget it - move on learn and be more clinical as we did make chances - I'd be worried if we had not made chances but we made plenty so need to take that into the next game
Get West Ham sorted , get everyone fit and let's see what happens next match in Europe

I don't understand so many of these comments. We were really unlucky tonight. They got two goals out of nothing, that second in goal goes flying into row z 99 times put of 100.

We controlled the game well, created some really good chances - sterling X2, silva on the follow up, bony, fernandinho only an inch wide, toure at the end close as well. What did juventus create? Barely anything. But they took their chances..both of which were just a sniff of a goal compared to our clear cut chances.

Don't fall for the media rubbish that we were out thought etc etc. Juve didnt do too much different to palace tonight but got lucky and scored their limited chances.

I am not sure we created that much either. Didn't deserve to lose but if you don't take your chances then this is what can happen at this level. The opposition have players who can kill you in a moment. That is why the Champions League is so much better than the Premiership. Tonight was seriously intense as well in midfield. Noticed a real step up in the pace of the game and midfield players had zero time on the ball in midfield. You lose overall perspective from row 1, but you are much more aware of the physical side of the game, and the midfield players on both sides had zero time on the ball.
No I agree in principle marvin,the champions league is unforgiving,but sterling and bony had vey good chances but fluffed them,let's not forget juventus were runners up last season and still a very good side even after their departures and regardless of their slow start in the Italian league,at the end of the day we missed our chances they took theirs game over very frustrating....

Not improved since the shock game vs Napoli in our first CL game, this had all the same hallmarks. When will we learn to go for the jugular from minute one?

What a night for the black and whites! FORZA JUVE.

Strange story on Radio tonight. Juve used to wear Red - Nottingham Forest colours - but they washed out too many times and the shirts were then Pink.
The wanted "stronger colours" so they were sent the Notts County strip - Black and White stripes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.