Post Match Thread: City v Juventus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got in from the game absolutely gutted we were in control of the game. Quite simply it's down to not taking chances at this level especially in the first half. Bony had a shocker not just the chances he missed but his all round play everything seemed to bounce off him! Nasri should have been subbed earlier for De Bruyne I can't understand why he didn't start? At times in tbe second half we slowed the game down to walking pace which suited Juve. 5 games to go I am confident we will qualify but a lack of concentration defensively has cost us again.
Bony has played little football so it's completely unrealistic to expect him to come in and perform as he can.

The game was not played at walking pace. It was absolutely ferocious in midfield. I was on the touchline and the intensity of the game was cranked up several notches from any of the Premiership games I have seen this season, although both teams played conservatively. Only time we slowed it down was after we went 1-0 up and then I thought we were playing our best football as we were more confident and relaxed. I thought we'd go on and get a 2nd but instead we didn't take our chance and out of nowhere they scored. And again. 2nd especially was class. You have to give them credit for two pieces of great skill. pogba's ball in and morata's shot. Overall though we played a good game, and were a bit unfortunate to lose. We can't afford any slip ups now, but given our history in this competition you feel one is around the corner

New champs league season, same shit. Up until now Pellers has got things bob on. He fucked up tonight though. Nasri is twice the player Navas will ever be, but we are a poorer side when he starts, we lose balance. Slow predictable fucking shite yet again. Some poor individual performances too. Bony was shocking, his best asset up to now was holding up the ball. I think he managed it once all game.
Disappointed with the performance but not shocked. Gutted about the result and my paddy power account being a bit healthier hasn't taken the sting away.

5 defeats from last 9 CL home games. That's a record that won't get you anywhere near the latter stages.

We won't do well in the champions league until we have a tactically sound manager like ancelotti, Benitez, Mourinho or sacchi, which lets face it isn't going to happen as he's 69

Good performance. Fernandinho was incredible, by far the best player on the pitch. Kolarov, Sagna, Kompany, Yaya & Mangala also had good games.

Imo, the buck falls on Silva, he's being called the best player in the League, well these are the sort of games he should be winning. For all of his magic domestically, he's yet to hit those heights in the CL which doesn't get talked about enough. Needs to start scoring more in Europe for me. Just 4 goals isn't good enough in 6 seasons isn't good enough.

I just do not understand why Nasri and YaYa are picked for these games.
Time and time again they are shown up to be so slow in European games and easily loose possession. Their ineptitude mean't Silva had to drop deep and get the ball leaving Bony totally isolated. Lucky to get ahead but Juventus responded with two fantastic strikes.
As a result we're in the shit again in our CL group.
Can Kompany also keep his trap shut in future as every time he says "City have to deliver", we don't. Just fucking get the team to deliver on the pitch rather than talking about it.

Not seen a replay but for the first goal, it seemed to me like Managala didn't have a clue someone was behind him, the same someone who drifted away from him time and time again, he's not good enough

We just cannot get out of our own way as far as this tournament goes! Not even blaming anyone and not even upset about it, as it has has distressingly become the norm to get off to a bad start and then be chasing points.

Still not done and dusted, though. Just lost all margin of error and are going to have to overperform in the away fixtures.

Somewhat reminiscent of last year at times in all competitions. Opposition gets 1-3 real chances the whole match and bags most/all of them. But we screw up most of our opportunities one way or another and then lose. Mostly bad luck there, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.