Post match thread - City v Newcastle

First half was not that bad, Zabs rustiness allowed the bar code pass him and Mangler kick fell on theirs, lucky goal. Other geordies attempts were offsides.

The build up for the equaliser was immense quality, starting with Zabs and Merlin one twos, magic pass to Fernandinho's precise head tennis to el Kun, floodgates opened.

Well done the Engineer subbing Kun and Merlin, better to be on the cautious side than suffer another injury.

anyone know what janmaat gestured or did with his hand when he got took of the pitch with the physio?

I was in the family stand but fans over the other side were chanting wanker wanker then he put his hand up and loads of people stood up and started flailing their arms haha!

Best 30 mins of football tha will ever see. Navas take a bow also, made a huge difference with his directness and energy, credit from me when its due as I have given you shit so many times. KDB is Colin Bells son surely!

I know they could and should have been 2 up before we scored but we still dominated in the first half and credit to pellers for making the adjustments needed to turn the domination into goals.
I hope Sterling will fucking wake up and see what he needs to do by watching that second half. When he gets the ball he does fuck all, or rather WHAT he does comes to fuck all.
I know Navas is maligned by most but he's always trying to do things even if they don't come off.

Anyway, Aguero, what can I say? Just a fantastic all round display of goal scoring heroics.
But with Silva and de Bruyne being unbelievable and Fernando contributing more than yay a, we may have stumbled on our best team.
Bring Vinny back in time for the derby and well be like a fine tuned machine!

Didn't see that coming after 40 minutes. Delighted Sergio has found his shooting boots.

The first have was strange to many passes in and around the box and Sterling is trying too hard and this is making him indecisive. 3 of the front 4 have clicked hopefully he will shortly.

First - it was refreshing to see linesmen who knew how to implement the offside rule.

Next - I've been waiting to see David, Kevin and Kun for the past few weeks - wow, as they get more playing time together they will be unstoppable.

Was good to see Pablo back in the first team, he adds so much to the mental strength of the team. And David's class is unquestionable and boy did we miss him in the last two EPL games.

I think Joe should be the captain when ever Vinnie is out as he is always shouting/encouraging his team mates - and he made a point of congratulating ALL the players at the end of the game.

Great substitution at half time as Navas caused a lot of panic in the Newcastle defence with his pace - a very good squad player.

It was a pity that Kun was taken off (as a precaution) as I'm sure he would have added a couple more from the crosses that went into the box.

Anyone else think our best front four might be
Kun
Silva
Kdb
Nasri
The passing would be sweet.

Colin Bell hogging the camera's on Match of the Day, posing t**t. His lad got a minute of fame on tv as well. Good on ya, son

Anyone else think our best front four might be
Kun
Silva
Kdb
Nasri
The passing would be sweet.

Silva+Nasri makes us incredibly slow, especially if we end up with Yaya behind them. Navas or over time Sterling once he gets used to what we need, hell I'd even wanna see Roberts before Nasri

The football was irresistible today for the 40-45 minutes that David played in the middle.
The Fernas played very well too. The Navas sub worked a treat.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.