Post match thread - City v Newcastle

Thought the Navas introduction changed the game for us, he put chalk on his boots and allowed everyone more space. Direct and pacey. Not the best game for Sterling and about time for a break for him. Well done today Pellers. Got the subs bang on. Aguero will just have to try and score 6 another day!

In this thread nobody said something about Navas and his importance as a game changer.

Ahem.

Poor first half again, great 2nd half.

Aguero back to his best. de bruyne and silva excellent. Fernando good 2nd half.

Defence shaky in first half and sterling very very poor. He needs time on the bench.
The opposite of WHL -good first ,bad second there- but it's just like the team at the moment,one half poor( defence) the other excellent(forwards)
I cannot wait for the return of VK to put the defence right , because when that happens we could be really quite a good side;-)

Great performance in the 2nd half. Superb day for Kun, will do his confidence a world of good.

Said before the match I'd consider resting aguero as he looked like someone who needs a week off. I've made a huge mistake.

In the first half, there was too much emphasis on slowing the game down, waiting for the overlapping full backs.

The half time switch gave us more direct width, but it’s a bit worrying how open our recent games have been. Comfortable in the end, but unlike West Ham and Spurs, Newcastle spurned a golden opportunity to extend their lead.

he doesnt NEED time on the bench, thats the last thing he needs. what NEEDS to happen is the manager to recognize where his special abilities can help the team and instruct the other players to work his game into theirs a bit more. at the moment he is not using his abilities to the benefit of the team, which is a management issue.

on the flip side, navas has improved this season.

I'm not a fan of changing anything to suit one player. All players have to earn their right to be in the side and unless something changes in the next two weeks, he shouldn't be a starter against Bourenemouth. Navas despite his shortcomings is still doing better than Sterling at the moment and De Bruyne looks much better on the left.

Sterling needs to adapt and quickly.

Thought we were bloody awful at both ends in the first half; too pedestrian up front and too sloppy at the back. But you can't deny class and Sergio has it by the bucketful. With 6 on the board and 28 minutes left I thought I was going to witness the missing 8 or 9, but Sergio's substitution made that far less likely. Bony looked a little better and Nacho wants the ball all the time. KDB and Spanish Dave were unplayable at times.
And what a great fire drill. Funnily enough it was 6-1 when I last saw so many empty seats at full time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.