Post match thread - City v Newcastle

Gutted you stopped scoring around 60mins....I was hoping for,double figures.

That last minute penalty on Wednesday, as well as giving City a vital 3 points, appears to have given confidence back to a certain striker....
And you can't overlook the fact that Merlin is back....Fkn genius he is

I know we've just won 6-1 and seen some magic from Kun but we're lucky we were playing arguably the poorest team in the league today. They should easily of been 3-0 up inside the first half. We were woeful until the equaliser and showed no change from the last few games. Individual brilliance won us that game rather than a team performance. I'll give pellegrini credit for making the change at halftime, it was plain for everybody in the ground to see but we all know he rarely deviates from his pre-planned subs.

Sterling needs some actual clear instructions. he doesn't know what to do with or without the ball and ends up playing safe and offering very very little to us. Pellegrini needs to give him a defined role, he's 20, and still learning, it's no good to him just saying go and play like i'm convinced he does with our entire attack.

Also thought it was poor from Pellegrini to take off Aguero when he did. I get why he did it, to rest him and to try and get Bony a goal but he could easily of given him an extra 10 minutes to try and complete his double hattrick. Could even of taken off Silva first if he was desperate to get Bony on early. There was a very strong chance of being the first player to score 6 in the premier league, Kun's got to be pissed off at being taken off when he was.

Glad Mangala came back in, we look more solid with him in the side,and his pace is vital. For me, he's proved today that he and Kompany are our starting centre backs when fit.

Nice to see Zab back, didn't see it today but he does add something else with his brilliant underlapping runs, however, Sagna is first choice now until something changes.

Kolarov put in some absolutely sublime crosses first half but nobody was anywhere near him, when we've got a fullback with a cross on him like Kolarov we're severely hindering ourselves having Sterling/KDB/Silva and a lot of the time even Aguero come short, bunch up and look to work their way out of a tiny bit of space. Aguero has shown he's an excellent header of the ball, KDB has a decent leap and despite his size, I've seen Silva out jump players a foot taller than him before, sometimes we just need to get in the box when Kolarov has been released down the flank.

As wonderful as Kun was, it was KDB's goal that was the highlight of the match. The technique was sensational. As long as we don't train his shooting tendencies out of him like we've done before, KDB should be aiming for the 20 mark this season.

There's still an awful lot of work to be done, and we'll not have an easier game all season but it's a fantastic confidence boost going into the international break. Now we just need no injuries for once, come back fresh and confident, beat Bournemouth and then go and smash the rags and put them in their place.

Sergio had an injury.

Thought our manager was spot on today.

Made the changes at HT, as well as I suspect giving a near perfect HT team talk.

Took Sergio off to rest him, why risk an injury to the best striker in the world for the sake of seeing him score a sixth goal?

Gave Bony a decent amount of time to help build his confidence, as well as giving Nacho some more game time in order to rest Silva.

Swapping Sterling for Navas was a great decision.

We really are lucky to have him and these incredible players.

Thought our manager was spot on today.

Made the changes at HT, as well as I suspect giving a near perfect HT team talk.

Took Sergio off to rest him, why risk an injury to the best striker in the world for the sake of seeing him score a sixth goal?

Gave Bony a decent amount of time to help build his confidence, as well as giving Nacho some more game time in order to rest Silva.

Swapping Sterling for Navas was a great decision.

We really are lucky to have him and these incredible players.

We need a like button.

il_fullxfull.222295605.jpg

Has anyone seen a video of a good angle on their second "goal"? They keep replaying it with focus on the two players in the middle, and not Janmaat who was flagged. Was he offside and does anyone have a video from a straight angle?

Thought the withdrawal of Sterling was a good move, we have been too congested in the attacking midfield positions recently with Dave, KDB and Steling getting in each other's way. Introduction of Navas today gave more space to KDB and Silva which worked perfectly, not because Navas did so much but the width he provided and the combination with Zaba I love to see. Good tactical move by Manuel, but I guess Sterling may have to wait to get back in the starting 11 after the International break. Wonderful from Kun today, so happy for him. Durham Blue.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.