Post match thread - City v Newcastle

I give credit to Newcastle for the first 35 minutes. They played well and we looked lethargic and sloppy and only gradually we started to realise we needed to raise our game. Otamendi, for example, was really poor for most of the first half and then all of sudden he woke up and won everything off Mitrovic for the rest of the game. At least two of the goals started with him winning the ball. Hate to call Sterling but he deservedly was subbed at H-T and the introduction of Navas really improved us and stretched them wide for Silva, KDB and Aguero to utilise. Navas seems to think and move a couple of gears faster than Sterling. Aguero took all his goals superbly and looked right back on track. Great team goals too. Was hoping Bony might nick one or two but alas no.
Bet McLaren still can't believe what he saw !

Fantastic result. Kun back to his best. Kev the Boy assist and scores. Sounds like Silva played his part too. Can't wait to catch this on SNF tonight.
In the meantime it's the first 45 minutes of the match day thread for me.

I'm not a fan of changing anything to suit one player. All players have to earn their right to be in the side and unless something changes in the next two weeks, he shouldn't be a starter against Bourenemouth. Navas despite his shortcomings is still doing better than Sterling at the moment and De Bruyne looks much better on the left.

Sterling needs to adapt and quickly.
we bought him to bring something different than what we already had, we dont want him adapting, we want him running at defenses and scaring the shit out of them. that what made his name at pool. thats what we paid all the money for.

we dont want a one man team and i dont believe you can ever build a team around raheem, but our tactics dont get the best out of raheem at the mo, but that will change, the guy is still so young - there is lots of time as long as people dont start calling him shit when it really isnt 100% his issue.

Thought we were bloody awful at both ends in the first half; too pedestrian up front and too sloppy at the back. But you can't deny class and Sergio has it by the bucketful. With 6 on the board and 28 minutes left I thought I was going to witness the missing 8 or 9, but Sergio's substitution made that far less likely. Bony looked a little better and Nacho wants the ball all the time. KDB and Spanish Dave were unplayable at times.
And what a great fire drill. Funnily enough it was 6-1 when I last saw so many empty seats at full time.

Paul Lake on Radio Manc. mentioned this - seemingly some fans want to get home rather than spend 1 hour in the car parks. - as 1 punter rang in.

Wow.
Brilliant to see Zabaleta back. One mistake leading to their goal, Mangala mostly at fault, but overall very glad to have both of them back.
I wasn't too worried in the first half. Joe Hart did make a stunning save, think it should have been offside though.
David Silva was magic today. I especially enjoyed our first goal where he sliced them open with a deft chip to the far post.
Still getting used to De Bruyne being ours, he is an artist and a genius and his goal today was out of this world.
Sergio Agüero, never doubted him. 5 goals in 20 mins, the curler and the chip were top class, he deserves to be in every record book there is.
It's only 6-1, it's only 6-1. 60 thousand empty seats, it's only 6-1 :D

I know we've just won 6-1 and seen some magic from Kun but we're lucky we were playing arguably the poorest team in the league today. They should easily of been 3-0 up inside the first half. We were woeful until the equaliser and showed no change from the last few games. Individual brilliance won us that game rather than a team performance. I'll give pellegrini credit for making the change at halftime, it was plain for everybody in the ground to see but we all know he rarely deviates from his pre-planned subs.

Sterling needs some actual clear instructions. he doesn't know what to do with or without the ball and ends up playing safe and offering very very little to us. Pellegrini needs to give him a defined role, he's 20, and still learning, it's no good to him just saying go and play like i'm convinced he does with our entire attack.

Also thought it was poor from Pellegrini to take off Aguero when he did. I get why he did it, to rest him and to try and get Bony a goal but he could easily of given him an extra 10 minutes to try and complete his double hattrick. Could even of taken off Silva first if he was desperate to get Bony on early. There was a very strong chance of being the first player to score 6 in the premier league, Kun's got to be pissed off at being taken off when he was.

Glad Mangala came back in, we look more solid with him in the side,and his pace is vital. For me, he's proved today that he and Kompany are our starting centre backs when fit.

Nice to see Zab back, didn't see it today but he does add something else with his brilliant underlapping runs, however, Sagna is first choice now until something changes.

Kolarov put in some absolutely sublime crosses first half but nobody was anywhere near him, when we've got a fullback with a cross on him like Kolarov we're severely hindering ourselves having Sterling/KDB/Silva and a lot of the time even Aguero come short, bunch up and look to work their way out of a tiny bit of space. Aguero has shown he's an excellent header of the ball, KDB has a decent leap and despite his size, I've seen Silva out jump players a foot taller than him before, sometimes we just need to get in the box when Kolarov has been released down the flank.

As wonderful as Kun was, it was KDB's goal that was the highlight of the match. The technique was sensational. As long as we don't train his shooting tendencies out of him like we've done before, KDB should be aiming for the 20 mark this season.

There's still an awful lot of work to be done, and we'll not have an easier game all season but it's a fantastic confidence boost going into the international break. Now we just need no injuries for once, come back fresh and confident, beat Bournemouth and then go and smash the rags and put them in their place.

6-1 win and only 8 pages. Any defeat and the vultures post like crazy.
First half we played ok, I have said before that Sterling is too easy to defend against at the moment which leaves us with only one wing to attack down, he should stay wider and stretch the field. 2nd half was some of the best football we have played for a while. I like the look of the 2 ferns in centre mid as well the only time we missed Yaya today was when possession was slow and his passing could have been useful. I also think KDM could play alongside Fernando.
Kun immense, Navas liked hungry and Wilf looked good as well in his cameo
Well done City

Thought Newcastle played very well 1st half an hour and we looked a bit off the pace. Mangs did a crunching tackle first half and he dominated after that but im sure the MUEN will slag him off as usual ( Brennan has it in for him).
Once Sergio scored we looked so much better and second half was fantastic. Kudos to Pellers for changing Sterling for Navas KDB is such a talent and Silva is a joy to watch but what can i say about Sergio apart from FUCKING WONDERFUL.
Kelichi is going to be a top class player....normal service has been resumed top of the league yippee

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.