Post Match Thread: City vs Boro

jimharri said:
Cheesy said:
"We were nervous."

What the....?

Nervous? How on earth can those players be nervous when facing a Championship team (albeit a decent one) at home?
Did he honestly say that (haven't seen the interview)? For fuck's sake, that's ridiculous.

Post match comments on the Beeb.

Gutted to be out of FA cup, also feel sorry for all the kids for whom today might have been their first experience at city, they were let down big time.

That was poor no point in blaming us going to Abu Dhabi midweek as our owner who as invested his money into the players, academy, stadium etc as got the right to see us play in his own country.

Pissed off but CTID.

[video]https://vine.co/v/OIlXu9qv1r7[/video]
it's finally time for the beast to come back,nutmegging and destroying defenders life!

Just gotta hope that the Mickeys or Gooners win it now [or any other team] rather than, well, you know.

Here's the ever more true observation of modern football.

It seems almost impossible to retain any trophy.

sh249 said:
Truly, truly fucking awful. As abject a display as could be imagined.

I'm a Pellegrini fan, but if you oversee two such dogshit performances back to back, you're going to come in for some serious stick. And rightly so.

That ain't to say he's solely at fault. The club carries a big part of the blame for deciding to send the players off at such a critical stage of the season, and the players are also culpable - the way we habitually struggle against lesser sides in the cup competitions says a fair deal about their attitude.

Yep, as a Boro fan I've come on to gloat, as you would, this almost feels as good as when we humped you 8-1 to be honest, but all jokes aside lads I'd be fucking fuming with your lot HAVING to go to Abu Dhabi for a fucking sponsored friendly match before whatever you look at it as, is still the biggest cup competition in this land, maybe Europe. Almost as bad as when United thought they were bigger than the FA Cup and decided to fuck off to Brazil for a holiday. Total disrespect and it's cost you big time

What can I say about the match, you looked a threat going forward, but it was one of them where we just had enough bodies to get in front of everything you threw, you should have had a penalty for the Ayala handball, i'll give you that, we had luck on our side then.......but that goal in the first half was quite close to not being chalked off, and Tomlin should have maybe done better when he hit the post after his Bergkamp-esque turn

Great fucking game, and I can see what some of you are saying that Chelsea's result makes it look better on yourselves, it does, like it or not, but it does, the attention will be on them and not you, but you lost this leg by fucking touching down at Manchester airport when your team should have been in a hotel asleep........

Great game though lads, best of luck with the season. And don't worry about United winning it, we'll be fucking winning it, trust me!

UTFB

coleridge said:
Just gotta hope that the Mickeys or Gooners win it now [or any other team] rather than, well, you know.

Here's the ever more true observation of modern football.

It seems almost impossible to retain any trophy.

Good to see red scouse ripping Bolton a new one oh wait a minute

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.