Post Match Thread: City vs Boro

mosssideblue said:
Thaksinssoldier said:
He has to go end of season.

I don't care if we go on to win the Prem & Champs league. If we do it'll be down to the players.

Who in their right mind is allowing Kompany to play right now. Need another 4 months off by the look of him. Slow, cumbersome and looks overweight. His body language is also a shambles.

It's a sad,sad day when Dedryk was our best player.

The Boyata I saw today was truly awful

he was miles better than kompany

I'll go with mucking around too much at the back with a not-been playing Boyata next to just returning Komps on his wrong side. One problem compounds the other.
Then we amplified the balls-up even more with the non-entity that is Fernando. I think this is the correct word for him as he seems to trudge around as if he has concrete boots and a concrete brain married to the attitude of a school-leaver who's trying football out and if it isn't for them, no sweat, they'll figure something else out.

He doesn't seem to grasp that success requires consistent, focused effort and the intent to win rather than just turning up and going through the motions.

Going forwards, we are back to the one-dimensional 'everything through Silva' that we saw a couple of years ago and which is way too easy to close down. Our mids have so many opportunities to take people on and cause havoc, but they appear to have lost that confidence or maybe feel they aren't allowed to do so and instead hold it up looking for Silva.

It smacks way too much of attacking by numbers - a highly prescriptive method which like most rigid processes fails when any degree of agility is required.

Football is a highly fluid game. When opportunities present themselves, the players must be trusted and encouraged to go with whatever is on, making it so much more difficult for teams to plan how to deal with us.

Players like Navas and even Milner have the skill to do so, I see the opps open up every week and every week see them check back, slow things down and play a much more conservative ball - because of 'policy'?
It's frustrating.

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
mosssideblue said:
Thaksinssoldier said:

I don't care if we go on to win the Prem & Champs league. If we do it'll be down to the players.

Who in their right mind is allowing Kompany to play right now. Need another 4 months off by the look of him. Slow, cumbersome and looks overweight. His body language is also a shambles.

It's a sad,sad day when Dedryk was our best player.

The Boyata I saw today was truly awful

he was miles better than kompany
Didn't say he wasnt, I'm questioning him being the best on the pitch, and he certainly wasn't by a long way

Thaksinssoldier said:

Do you realise how fucking retarded that sounds?
Almost as stupid as the Chelsea fans constantly berating the fat Spanish waiter when he got the to Europa League final, in fact didn't Grant them to the Champions League final and they wanted shot of him?

City, to me, are a lot like Boro. A working mans team. For long the underdog, both gone through a load of fucking shite times, but got through it. Please, City fans, just cos you've LUCKILY had a shite load of money invested in you and have had recent success, please don't let it not remind you of who you are, your true identity, you're not Real Madrid and shouldn't try to be. You don't have generations of superstars and amazing history. In fact your 'history' started not long after we shafted you 8-1

Last time I went to City, was the boring 0-0, final game at Maine Road. Despite the result I loved it. Few shenanigans after the game down Claremont Road (I think?) and just two similar teams and sets of fans, replicated in the result. I don't ency you for a minute the new found 'success' you have, fair play to you, in fact I think it's great how you shook up United and finally put a stop to THAT banner in the Stretford, but don't ever forget where you came from, I've never been to the Etihad (that's a lie, I went to see Oasis) .......but I imagine it would be like going to see Chelsea, full of nobheads in suits rather than the real City fans I mingled with at Maine Road that day.

Get over today, it's not like you've just been beaten 5-0 by York City. We'll hopefully be in the Prem next season,, it's kind of just like being beat by Hull or one of the other bottom teams of the Prem. No shame in losing today, and you were far from shite, you made plenty of chances. We just held our own

Good luck for the future, thanks for a memorable day

rnblade said:
No excuses for not beating a mediocre championship team.

you do realise we're a point off the top, with nearly the best defensive record in the land, don't you? Hardly 'mediocre' mate

FanchesterCity said:
SAMH4000 said:
tonea2003 said:
if that was decent i dread a poor performance

Yeh. A decent performance would have been not losing 2-0 to Middlesbrough.

If you believe that 'performance' and 'result' are synonymous, however, in the English language, they are not.

I'll repeat for the hard of hearing, if that was decent I dread a poor performance

Cheesy said:
"We were nervous."

What the....?

Nervous? How on earth can those players be nervous when facing a Championship team (albeit a decent one) at home?
Think he has got his words muddled up,not nervous more like shite..

TS1 said:
rnblade said:
No excuses for not beating a mediocre championship team.

you do realise we're a point off the top, with nearly the best defensive record in the land, don't you? Hardly 'mediocre' mate

True but I think he meant mediocre, Championship, team.

That's not to say you're mediocre as evidenced today just that we feel that we should should be beating Championship teams now that we're Champions and in the Champions League. Not a personal thing.

I said Champions a lot then.

TS1 said:
Thaksinssoldier said:

Do you realise how fucking retarded that sounds?
Almost as stupid as the Chelsea fans constantly berating the fat Spanish waiter when he got the to Europa League final, in fact didn't Grant them to the Champions League final and they wanted shot of him?

City, to me, are a lot like Boro. A working mans team. For long the underdog, both gone through a load of fucking shite times, but got through it. Please, City fans, just cos you've LUCKILY had a shite load of money invested in you and have had recent success, please don't let it not remind you of who you are, your true identity, you're not Real Madrid and shouldn't try to be. You don't have generations of superstars and amazing history. In fact your 'history' started not long after we shafted you 8-1

Last time I went to City, was the boring 0-0, final game at Maine Road. Despite the result I loved it. Few shenanigans after the game down Claremont Road (I think?) and just two similar teams and sets of fans, replicated in the result. I don't ency you for a minute the new found 'success' you have, fair play to you, in fact I think it's great how you shook up United and finally put a stop to THAT banner in the Stretford, but don't ever forget where you came from, I've never been to the Etihad (that's a lie, I went to see Oasis) .......but I imagine it would be like going to see Chelsea, full of nobheads in suits rather than the real City fans I mingled with at Maine Road that day.

Get over today, it's not like you've just been beaten 5-0 by York City. We'll hopefully be in the Prem next season,, it's kind of just like being beat by Hull or one of the other bottom teams of the Prem. No shame in losing today, and you were far from shite, you made plenty of chances. We just held our own

Good luck for the future, thanks for a memorable day

Boro were great today today, really hope you go up, when I think of Boro i always think of the great team you had with Downing, Mendieta, Southgate etc.

But if you do go up promise me that you will pull out this kind of performances against the likes of
United and Chelsea too

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.