Post Match Thread | City vs Borussia Monchengladbach (14/09/16)

Is that the first time we've ever won our first game in the group?

The matches v Barca are gonna be unbelievable !!

Don't know if anyone has pointed this out already .... but .... we did 'that' WITHOUT Silva !!! ..... AMAZING

In previous years, without Silva we never(rarely) 'created' anything.

It is quite incredible what is happening in such a short period of time, the team is winning plaudits from all over the world and rightly so. Another dominant, nuisance performance. Munchengladbach are a good team, dangerous team and we managed to stifle them and dominate with groundbreaking, breathtaking display of football, with all 11 players playing together as a single unit. What more can be said, it is only going to get better. Gundogan did not look out of place in that midfield and showed how versatile he is, making great runs in the box and almost getting on the score sheet. I dont know how Guardiola has been working with Navas in training but even Navas was playing some better directed balls into the box and he also did not look out of place. I was particularly excited about the little cameo Sane made, there is already rapport between him and the other young players and when he gets fully fit, we will see him continue to develop to a top player.

Criticism of the team will be that we need to be better at capitalizing on good situations around the box and take chances when they come.

A great performance, bring on Bournemouth.

Don't know if anyone has pointed this out already .... but .... we did 'that' WITHOUT Silva !!! ..... AMAZING

In previous years, without Silva we never(rarely) 'created' anything.
We did tbf if Yaya or Nasri were on their game. None of the three on the pitch tonight.

Transition?

We did tbf if Yaya or Nasri were on their game. None of the three on the pitch tonight.

Transition?
It had to happen at some point, I just can't believe we have Guardiola as the man in charge of our revolution. Just imagine if Pep had taken over from Mancini, I honestly believe we'd be right up there with Barca, Real & Bayern now.

It will take time, but we have 3 years in which to do it & by the looks of things the transition will be headed by KDB, Sane, Jesus, Sterling, Moreno, the Garcia's, Kelechi & the rest..... I looked at the delight on my 10 year old's face tonight and thought there's probably never been a better time to be a Blue. I'm so fuckin happy I saved him from the dark side unlike his two older brothers! :@)

Awesome, calm, tactical masterclass tonight. So calm in possession.

BMG were the best footballing side we've played so far this season and we tore them apart.

I did however hear the first chant of "man on" about 50 mins into the game. We're getting shoddy.... (Should add winky smiley face here)

What a manager we have. Loving the spontaneous ripples of applause that go round the stadium. It's blatantly obvious that we are watching the best football we've ever seen and have no idea how to respond!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.