Post Match Thread | City vs Borussia Monchengladbach (14/09/16)

And... that's it? just 28 pages?

I was a Mancini fan, respected the Charming Man. But this Pep Guardiola is a ****.

How can he do this to me? Now there is no hope, the good old hope that killed you, instead there is just the invariable certainty that this City is the dog's bollocks, that everybody's a star in the team, and everybody feels part of the team. This is gestaltic, sort of.

Also I got to procure me shades for this bright future tinted in sky blue.

If what Pep says is true and we have a lot more improvement to come from the whole team, in regards to how far he wants to take this group of players... then if we aren't already we will be the envy of the premier league with football like that.

It's not just the goals, everyone appreciates finding that out ball(applause after applause tonight sounded like a Barca crowd almost), the movement grinding their pressing to a halt as they realise we are already starting our next attack.

I've loved watching our defenders with the ball... of all the things I was looking forward to I didn't think that would be a highlight but it is for me, Stones in particular and Otamendi dribbling out picking the right passes for fun genuinely helping in attack. Kolarov has been mentioned lots already so I will just say I was wrong Pep was right to keep him and Zaba's has always been handy in attack, he was great tonight and probably gave Pep something to think about for games where we need more attacking intent.

Think I might watch the game again with American commentary just to see how different they responded to that football feast. :)

If what Pep says is true and we have a lot more improvement to come from the whole team, in regards to how far he wants to take this group of players... then if we aren't already we will be the envy of the premier league with football like that.

It's not just the goals, everyone appreciates finding that out ball(applause after applause tonight sounded like a Barca crowd almost), the movement grinding their pressing to a halt as they realise we are already starting our next attack.

I've loved watching our defenders with the ball... of all the things I was looking forward to I didn't think that would be a highlight but it is for me, Stones in particular and Otamendi dribbling out picking the right passes for fun genuinely helping in attack. Kolarov has been mentioned lots already so I will just say I was wrong Pep was right to keep him and Zaba's has always been handy in attack, he was great tonight and probably gave Pep something to think about for games where we need more attacking intent.

Think I might watch the game again with American commentary just to see how different they responded to that football feast. :)

Good post.

And your point about the applause going round the ground is so true. I've really noticed the huge increase in spontaneous applause at games as the fans show their appreciation of the great football on show.

Great performance tonight. Its such a privilege to watch us being tactically brilliant and so versatile in our play. Stones, i thought was magnificent and there were a lot of really good performances from Kolarov, Fern, Oto, Kev, Raheem and of course the amazing Sergio. Love watching us at the moment ...Bring on SMN!!!

Let the scoreline not deceive us. BMG is a tough team, playing man for man. So they really tested our players movements today. As usual, Pep's in-game and half-time tweaks ensured we had answers tactically. However, the return game will be very tough. All the man-to-man duels at their ground, we are more likely to lose than win, if we dont improve our movements and keep up the intensity. All in all, most satisfying to see today's game as we came out with flying colors against a team that properly tested us.

We gotto still target 6 points from Celtic. Our qualification from the group is not assured as yet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.