Post Match Thread | City vs Borussia Monchengladbach (14/09/16)

Yes, me too. IN fact, the last 3 or 4 games, what has stood out for me is that we turn 50/50 balls into 60/40 balls in our favour and 40/60 balls we should lose become 50/50 balls (if that makes any sense). The high press means that the oppositions balls into their midfield of forward line have to be pin-point accurate, or our defender/midfielder will nip in ahead of them and take the ball away. This almost goes against everything you usually get coached relating to defending (mark the man, don't overcommit and be left ahead of your man without the ball) - but our dynamic, fluid play means that there is usually a player to cover in case the ball isn't won.
Well said. I thought the same.

What stood out most for me is the fact no matter how well the team or individuals play if you put a foot slightly out of place Pep will come down on you like a tornado as he did again with Stones but you can see the players understand and listen straight away to sort it out.

The man just doesn't stop coaching from the training field he carry's on the full 90 minutes of a match we have one hell of a manger in Pep.

Xavi say when he did a mistake he can imagine Pep yelling at him from sideline without turning to see.

Stunning performance .. we have always played well against teams that try and play football against us.

Pep has got us moving the ball to the forwards early which plays into Sergio's, Raheem's, Jesus's and Kev's game.

We might have more problems playing against teams that park the bus though?

Stunning performance .. we have always played well against teams that try and play football against us.

Pep has got us moving the ball to the forwards early which plays into Sergio's, Raheem's, Jesus's and Kev's game.

We might have more problems playing against teams that park the bus though?

I think the bus parking teams will have problems of their own. Sterling and Nolito really hug the touchlines, so the opposition back 4 generally need to either go tight (and leave a huge gap between full back and centre back for Silva and KDB to exploit) or tuck their full backs in and leave the wingers with space to exploit - so real 'bus park' teams will basically need to play with six across the back when we have the ball. Which means that when we have got the ball, they will struggle to get it back.

Over the course of a season One or two teams might get a result playing like that but I think the majority of teams aren't good enough to keep us out for 90 minutes if they are granting us 60-70% possession.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.