Post Match Thread | City vs Borussia Monchengladbach (14/09/16)

Something that struck me last night was the number of headers we won. I didnt see a single one we lost out on. There must have been some, but Kolarov, not even the biggest guy in our team was winning lot of them

Wonderful smooth football,a joy to watch,and we all know it's going to get better and faster.Cant wait for the Bournemouth game,watching it in players bar in Pafos if any Blues are here.

Find it impossible to comprehend the idea that we will lose games to anyone other than Barcelona and Bayern this season. Maybe not even then. We are incredible.

Teams like Liverpool and Spurs will be our hardest games in the league this season I reckon. They play with similar intensity to us and it will be interesting to see if their high press will be effective or we'll be able to pass through it.

we've played weak teams in Europe and they have played the game of their lives and we've been overwhelmed by the occasion. Now we have a good manager, it's City that are rising to the occasion.

How did we ever find this so difficult?

We have to remember that this is the early stages. I have worked out yet whether BMG were terrible, or whether we were so good that BMG lost heart.
Everyone finds it difficult at first, for some reason.

Something that struck me last night was the number of headers we won. I didnt see a single one we lost out on. There must have been some, but Kolarov, not even the biggest guy in our team was winning lot of them

Yes, me too. IN fact, the last 3 or 4 games, what has stood out for me is that we turn 50/50 balls into 60/40 balls in our favour and 40/60 balls we should lose become 50/50 balls (if that makes any sense). The high press means that the oppositions balls into their midfield of forward line have to be pin-point accurate, or our defender/midfielder will nip in ahead of them and take the ball away. This almost goes against everything you usually get coached relating to defending (mark the man, don't overcommit and be left ahead of your man without the ball) - but our dynamic, fluid play means that there is usually a player to cover in case the ball isn't won.

I thought we were stunning for the majority of the game last night, the fluidity of the whole team, the interchange of passing, intrinsically moving into new formations all the time like some giant footballing octopus, we were fucking everywhere!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.