Post Match Thread | City vs Borussia Monchengladbach (14/09/16)

Have watched a rerun this morning (working last night), what gets me, is how simple it all looks, you have to count that we don't have more than 11 players on the pitch. They looked shell shocked by the end, and don't let the media kid us that they aren't very good. It was 4-0, but it could have been 7 or 8 at least, and they barely mustered a chance. I followed on the match thread, and it does tend to exaggerate how good or bad we are, so I was very interested to watch it for myself. We were so comfortable, and played in such a simple way, you have to wonder why all football is not played like this, but let them carry on in the style of Allardyce/Pulis/Mourinho, and leave this for us.

We'll eventually have a bad day at the office obviously, but I don't see us having many, and I do see us ripping someone to bits, I can't wait.

Various circumstances mean I'm missing much of this early part of the revolution, so I'm having to watch it a lot on catch up, and I'm gutted to be missing it to be honest.

Some will argue that you can only play this way if you have technically good and intelligent players, which is true, but it also requires hard work and mental discipline, and those are qualities many in modern football eschew.

The only thing I worry for us this season is injuries and fatigue due to high intensity games every 3/4 days. League Cup has to be given up IMO.

Rotation will be a key issue, we have plenty of players in the squad and quality running right through it. With Gundogan and Sane looking good we have 8 / 9 exceptional players for the 5 spots other than defence and main striker. We could chop and change these players all season.

(F'dinho, KdB, Silva, Gundogan, Sterling, Sane, Navas, Nolito, + others)

It is great to not have to break out into a sweat every time the ball gets near our defence,hope john stays fit,he and ota are a great pair

Was there something new about David Silva? Because Gündogan said in a German interview that his place in the starting formation came somewhat surprising because of the injury of David Silva.

As much as I read here yesterday they just talked about precautions.

Was there something new about David Silva? Because Gündogan said in a German interview that his place in the starting formation came somewhat surprising because of the injury of David Silva.

Read on twitter last night that a journalist (can't remember which one) said he spoke to DS after the game and he had a thigh strain and could possibly miss the Bournemouth game.

What stood out most for me is the fact no matter how well the team or individuals play if you put a foot slightly out of place Pep will come down on you like a tornado as he did again with Stones but you can see the players understand and listen straight away to sort it out.

The man just doesn't stop coaching from the training field he carry's on the full 90 minutes of a match we have one hell of a manger in Pep.

Find it impossible to comprehend the idea that we will lose games to anyone other than Barcelona and Bayern this season. Maybe not even then. We are incredible.

Bluewhit (his mate) said yesterday was a slight stiffness in his quads, so rested as a precaution.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.