Post Match Thread - City vs Palace

Nope unlike some here I can actually discuss a game without blinkers. I said clearly you should have had a pen. Cabaye took Nasri's legs. I never said we had more possession or more of the game. I said the opposite. I said CITY had more possession and more of the game. I said until the goal we had the better chances. How can I claim that we had more possession when this is a FACT that we didn't. It seems you have a problem reading.

Too many people here want to put on blue tinged glasses when they are talking about football.

Time will tell how right I am, but I will say this.

I have been correct more times than I have been wrong about football and players and my post history shows this.

Pray tell me how this will happen. We won 1 - 0 and that's the end of it. You think you deserved a draw and that's your opinion.
But how you can say previous posts prove you are often right, well that's bollox. Previous posts just prove that you have an opinion
and there is nothing to back up whether you are right or wrong. You obviously think a lot of your opinion and that somehow it
counts more than anyone else's. Well not for me. It's just an OPINION.

I watched the game and felt anxious for alot of it. I think even now, and this is just my opinion. When we are playing and the opposition has 11 men behind the ball, we still don't look like we have a plan b. I know I'm gonna get slated for this opinion but I think when we play teams who want to play football our plan a is great, when we play teams who want to play ultra defensive plan a doesn't work and plan b is non existent.

What I'd like to see in these type of games is gave spells where kompany plays as a lone defender and the rest (excluding Hart obviously) push forward make runs and ultimately over run them in areas.

I think the plan B is Sterling and now De bruyne.

I was at the game and didn't feel anxious at all except for the first 5 mins when they got off to a flyer. After that, I could not see us losing and whilst from 75 mins on I couldn't see us winning either, I am seeing a much more focused and determined side this season. They seem like they really want to make an impression this year and so far so good.

I think the plan B is Sterling and now De bruyne.

I was at the game and didn't feel anxious at all except for the first 5 mins when they got off to a flyer. After that, I could not see us losing and whilst from 75 mins on I couldn't see us winning either, I am seeing a much more focused and determined side this season. They seem like they really want to make an impression this year and so far so good.

I was watching it on a choppy stream and my 3 and 4 year old were being little sods, so maybe that was the anxiousness lol.

Yeah I thought it was going to be a draw, glad nacho man did the buisness, hopefully he will get some extended chances this season and be the first of the modernised academy to break through.

Glad the motm hoodoo has been broken ......whomever mentioned it on a thread on here is a ****....it was running through my mind last 30 mins of the game

I don't think he was flagged offside, perhaps just flagging for a goal kick has people confused.

Looking at replays I also don't think he was offside.
My mistake then. Perhaps I was thinking of another passage of play.

TV didn't show the linesman so I can't comment on that, although Joe took the kick out from inside the 6 yard box whereas if he was flagged offside it would have been just inside the 18 yard box.

I believe it was Ray Houghton on my stream who commented that the flag didn't go up. Sagna's visible frustration and gestures would indicate it didn't get flagged as well.

He touched the ball on the edge of the six yard box so surely that would have been when and where he would have been penalised for offside?

Houghton did say that but my reaction on hearing him was you've got that wrong because at the game I made a point of looking at the assistant ref.

I watched the game and felt anxious for alot of it. I think even now, and this is just my opinion. When we are playing and the opposition has 11 men behind the ball, we still don't look like we have a plan b. I know I'm gonna get slated for this opinion but I think when we play teams who want to play football our plan a is great, when we play teams who want to play ultra defensive plan a doesn't work and plan b is non existent.

What I'd like to see in these type of games is gave spells where kompany plays as a lone defender and the rest (excluding Hart obviously) push forward make runs and ultimately over run them in areas.
I'm guessing you missed the Watford game then! Mainly because it makes your criticism seem errrm completely wrong I'd say!
You want us to play 1 7 2 do you? Okaaaaaay then. Is that you Louis?

He touched the ball on the edge of the six yard box so surely that would have been when and where he would have been penalised for offside?

Houghton did say that but my reaction on hearing him was you've got that wrong because at the game I made a point of looking at the assistant ref.

He still touched it outside the 6 yard box yet Hart took the resulting kick within the 6 yard box, which would more likely indicate a goal kick

http://www.footballorgin.net/2015/09/premier-league-2015-2016-bbc-match-of.html

42:50

I'll go by Sagna's furious reaction (otherwise why would he react as he did?), the commentator and Hart taking his kick within the 6 yard box, perhaps like I said previously people were confused by the outstretched flag signalling a goal kick.

Obviously doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things, just all signs point to him not being given offside.

Last edited:
Hi Blues,
Well, I haven't enjoyed a defeat so much in ages. That was a bloody good game. A proper battle. But not nasty.
Usual low standard of refereeing that we've come to expect in this league (not that I'm complaining too much....)
I thought there'd have been more goals ( at both ends) but congratulations on keeping another clean sheet. If only our opening assault had included an accurate shot or two.
Like a lot on here, I find Nasri's long sojourne on the pitch a bit of a mystery with so much pace available elsewhere.
Good Luck against Juve, this game should have set you up nicely for it.

Well done, no dishonour in losing to the best side in the PL.

Fair play buddy cheers

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.