Post Match Thread: City vs Spurs

We do want youngsters in the team and that is evident by the kind of support kelechi gets from everyone here, so your statement that we dont want youngsters is incorrect.
As per sterling we payed 45m + for him and i am getting a little tired with this rebuttal he worked his socks of etc etc he gets paid very handsome money for doing that on weekely basis and earns more in a week what an average person might earn in 3 years. He is a decent player but certainly not at the level where we aspire to be, when was the last time he single handely won us the match in the league?
Probably a lot more recently than since Silva or Toure did.

Kelechi wasn't better than Sterling btw.

pellegrini is just not a winner, excepts mediocrity, destroying all mancini's hard work.

Thought that was the best we've played in a long while against a very good Spurs side.
Looked so much more solid at the back, thanks to kompany.
Worked much harder than we have done for much of the season.
Robbed by that wiggy **** bastard.
Gutted we lost that, so many games this season we've lost and I've come away thinking we got what we deserved.
Not today, no way did we deserve to loose that.

man-united-1-man-city-6.jpg

You know who you are. Fuck off.

I'm far from a Pellegrini fan, but he got everything right for me today in selection and formation. Perhaps you could criticise the way he asks them to play, but I think that's a club philosophy now, we're just not executing it particularly well. Hopefully Pep will do a better job. Silva and Aguero didn't get anything going today, but overall I thought it was a decent team performance. Great to have Kompany back and without the penalty I don't think they would have scored if we played until Thursday. Second goal came as we went more attacking, and was a well worked goal IMO.

Today was 'one of those days'. Yes, we've had too many this season, but taken in isolation we were hugely unfortunate today IMO. The Spurs media love in can't change that. Clattenburg reinforced what we all know - he is a disgrace. That penalty decision tops the one against Micah a few years ago in terms of ridiculous handball decisions. That linesman too. Once you can excuse, twice is careless but three times starts to look premeditated. Cunts.

That said, if Bayern do relieve Pep early (and don't do something like put him on gardening leave) I would bring him in immediately. It's not worked under Pellegrini since his first season, and he was working with Mancini's tools then. He has taken us backwards in most areas, and we need the change sooner rather than later. It might give the existing squad a boost and allow Pep a head start on working with them and figuring out what he wants/need for next season.

The present is shit but the future has never looked brighter, we should focus on that.
Agree with a lot of this. But it also struck me that just like it was against Leicester, Spurs were just as comfortable playing us.

These teams believe their players are better than ours. And it's quite hard to disagree with them. We were huffing and puffing. Yaya, Silva Sterling were all playing out of character and doing their utmost best to put pressure on the opposition, yet it simply just didn't seem enough or Spurs were comfortable getting around our pressure. While we seemed to fight 2ice as hard to evade theirs.

I just feel this squad has reached it's limit. And a rebuild is in order. Younger, faster, more energetic, players are required.

Played OK for once. Not brilliant but well enough to get at least a point. Have no doubt - Clattenberg and the yellow flag linesman decided that game. Didn't think Sterling handled it and if he did it was never deliberate in a million years. As to the lino with the yellow flag, how he could keep giving Sergio offside when a Spurs player was behind him is just bizarre.
Not only that but it's bound to mess with your head after a few dodgy ones. When Sergio received one pass, he was more or less in on goal but he probably thought he would be flagged and fucked it up.

So many positives.

Kompany made it through 90 minutes, we worked harder and played better football than we have done in months and Kelechi's a born star. But we were robbed so all our hard work comes to nothing. Why do any of us bother turning up when a game can be decided by wank officiating?

Sterling will be fine. He's already brought plenty to the team. Has he justified his price tag strictly for this season? Of course not. That price tag represents the next five years or more. He'll develop into a terrific player. Will Mangala? That's far less certain.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.