Post Match Thread: City vs Spurs

I think we have a good breather in the PL. We will have a game in hand the next time we play. We need to get our minds off the BPL. Have to concentrate on the top 4 first. I dont think Pellegrini was poor today.
And that game in hand will be played at Klanfield just three days after we play them at Wembley. Great game to have in hand isn't it? All sorts of Tom, Dick and Harry teams win there but we've not managed it for 13 seasons.

A draw would have been a fair result.
Depressing result though.
Great atmosphere - probably the best for a while.

I think we're coming to rely an Aguero far too much, and as wonderful as he is, he can't do it all by himself. The two main threats are Aguero and the occasional Toure burst (becoming few and far between now).
I'd be very tempted to go with two upfront (Aguero and iheanacho) for the rest of the season - and at least try to give opposition defences another threat to worry about.

How am i talking shit? All the people slagging sterling off are the same ones complaining that we never show any fight. Sterling worked harder than anyone tonight!
I must be missing something.... Your post that was followed by the lightning bolt said the following:

You all say you want application. Sterling works his bollocks off. "He's shit!"

Emphasis on "He's shit!"

If you are saying the opposite, that Sterling is just fine, then I agree with you..... either I need glasses or you need to re-phrase the original post...

He was awful. I'd have played either, or the EDS lads. The difference i intensity when another mdfielder comes into challenge a player compared to Toure is incredible. Toure tried it early on and took his man ou he was so late. Clattenberg let him off with a talking to. He tried noticeably harder than he has in recent weeks. He even closed the keeper down which I have never seen him do before but he was totally gone.

I sit close up to the pitch and you really notice the physical contribution of players when you are that close. Toure is like a fish out of water and a huge drain on the team. In a close fought midfield battleyou need players who will move into space when we have the ball to give an option to a team mate, or accelerate and close someone down when we lose the ball. He did try today, but he was still very very poor.

I am sorry to go about this, but I find it amazing that the manager doesn't see this. it's alarming. And it is the biggest single problem our team has.

This all day long. I can only fault MP with the constant inclusion of Yaya, who should have been shipped off in the summer, and the absolute lack of effort the players are giving. You morons can talk all day about substitution this, substitution that, but the only real lacking aspect for MP is his inability to turn around the direction of the squad and get the most of the players. It's been a slow, but constant downwards slide since the beginning of last season, and he doesn't know how to stick his foot up the ass of a lazy team.

it was better, it was ok, it wasn't a pen, it was a bad miss by silve blah blah blah, facts my fellow blues, the Prem and its vast amount of money is producing faster fitter teams, added to that the superb scouting by lower teams and the passion of lesser players to win, has created a league of equal ability if not better than most of the so called bigger teams, West Ham and Payet, Leicester and Mahrez, to name but a few, have scouted and bought players way above the ability of the likes of sterling, depay, firminho, Falcao etc, add to this the standard of managers coming to the Prem and it has created a very even keel and in some cases they are leaving us stranded on the pitch.
Hence the many defeats the many losses against the top sides and the many injuries of are aging struggling to keep up players, we are a good side and on our day we can beat anyone, but reality is, we're getting caught up rapidly and need the new fresh approach of pep and the influx of talent irrelevant of cost low or high, the outgoing will be as big as the incoming and I'm certain the decks will be cleared and vastly different to today's average performance. We are nearly done as a team but not quite finished.

Excellent post mate.

The days of walking this league are long gone.

So deflating walking out of there today. Don't think we deserved to lose that at all but you cannot justify defending like that at this level. For one player to just run through our midfield and play a simple 5 yard pass behind our left back for a simple finish is absolutely criminal. All someone needs to do is put a foot in but no, they just him run straight through. Said the same after Leicester, what the hell do we do during the week to prepare for a game!? Last week and today, every single time Aguero or Silva got on the ball, they had 2/3 players around them. We had no one near Vardy/Mahrez last week and no one near Eriksen or Kane today. Does Pellegrini even know who the best players are for the opposition!? We gave them so much time and space in midfield its untrue.

Was happy with the team, simply because there was literally no one else who could have played instead. What does annoy me is how he took Clichy off straight after the goal. He's the one who created it, looked quite decent and is so much better defensively than Kolarov. So what does he do? We pull it level and brings on a bang average defender to try and get the win, but instead, Kolarov lets Eriksen run off him without even knowing he's there!!

Been saying it for a while now, but there is no way Toure and Silva can play in the same team anymore. Silva is best behind the striker, which means to accommodate Toure, he has to be in a midfield 2. We all now he can't do that anymore, so to try and get anything out of him, he also has to play behind the striker which means putting Silva out wide. Silva simply can't do that and is just wasted. He, naturally drifts inside leaving us so narrow and with no width at all on one side. From now on, it simply has to be one or the other.

And i've not even discussed Clattenburg. Today has well and truly proven the case for the 4th official to have a TV screen. It would've took him 3 seconds to realise thats not a pen and tell the ref. Season could well and truly be over in 2 weeks, not a chance we are winning the league from here. You can;t expect to win the league and lose 7 games with over 10 left to play. Add to that we still have Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and United. No chance.

Hate?? Really?? How can you hate any team you support??

Go and support a team you dont hate then. Stupid comment if you really are a City fan.
I support the club, not individual players. Club before everyone else. Those players are hurting the club by choice. They play most of the game like they don't care, they get their pay packets win or lose.

If this were Italy, fans would be waiting in the parking lots destroying their cars. In Spain they'd get the Gary Neville treatment. They're lucky to be playing here because others won't tolerate unprofessional efforts in many other countries.

He was awful. I'd have played either, or the EDS lads. The difference i intensity when another mdfielder comes into challenge a player compared to Toure is incredible. Toure tried it early on and took his man ou he was so late. Clattenberg let him off with a talking to. He tried noticeably harder than he has in recent weeks. He even closed the keeper down which I have never seen him do before but he was totally gone.

I sit close up to the pitch and you really notice the physical contribution of players when you are that close. Toure is like a fish out of water and a huge drain on the team. In a close fought midfield battleyou need players who will move into space when we have the ball to give an option to a team mate, or accelerate and close someone down when we lose the ball. He did try today, but he was still very very poor.

I am sorry to go about this, but I find it amazing that the manager doesn't see this. it's alarming. And it is the biggest single problem our team has.

Totally disagree. We dominated the second half. Toure was at the heart of everything offensively we did.

Seems you've made your mind up, I'm not his Dad or his mate. So I'll leave you to it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.