Post Match Thread: City vs Spurs

The concerning thing regarding the team today was that most posters appeared to be happy with the starting line up with the exception of Yaya, the mitigating factor was that at least he was playing in a forward position. As such i don't believe Pelle deserves stick for the line up, however it was clear early on that it just wasn't happening for Yaya and he should have been pulled at half time.

What baffled me is that he then took off Fernando to accomodate Nacho, there is no doubt the young kid was the right decision to come on but Yaya had to come off at that point, fuck me we all know that we can no longer la him in a midfield 2 but to try and do this against Spurs was madness verging on neglect. You can put your house on it that Yaya will start in the CL and the final against the dippers and no doubt at the end of the month we will all be bemoaning the decision.

I said in the match thread that Spurs were the better team and i stand by that, i know they got the luck today with the penalty but when i look at both teams I can only see us finishing behind them come May. They looked a lot more composed and organised and in the end they ground out the result they needed.

I would be surprised if we finish top 3 at the moment and i never thought i would be writing that back in September.

I can only think that at 1-0 down he felt that Toure was more likely to get him a goal than Fernando.

I thought Spurs weren't great but looked like a team, closed down extremely well and had more hunger and desire. We looked lost in the first half bar a few odd moment. The decision was a poor one but we didn't deserve to win the game.

Remember the challenge on Zaba on the line against Leicester, Sky said "Ref has got to be 100% sure before he gives a pen"................

I must be missing something.... Your post that was followed by the lightning bolt said the following:

You all say you want application. Sterling works his bollocks off. "He's shit!"

Emphasis on "He's shit!"

If you are saying the opposite, that Sterling is just fine, then I agree with you..... either I need glasses or you need to re-phrase the original post...
I think you and blueincy need glasses, sarcasm was obvious.

Went to the match and I thought that was a much better performance all round. More zest, movement and most important, effort. My expectations (albeit low) were surpassed. Unlucky to lose. Unlucky Clattenberg is allowed to ref our games. The seasons not over if we click. Much more positive than last week. We have form coming from behind but the players have to want it enough. We are where we are because of too many lacklustre performances this season. Is that about to change?
Yaya was better.

hate to ask this because it has probably been discussed to death, so i apologise in advance.

But is there any chance at all Pep Guardiola wont come if we dont qualify for the CL?

No mate......deal is signed and he's coming....no get out clause........I'm VERY happy to say CL or no CL...he's our manager next season!; )

Deserved at least a point , can someone tell me why we changed to a team of urgency and passion , when we had a harsh penalty awarded against us ? Why don't we play from the 1st minute. with urgency and passion ? Is it just a general lack of hunger for a team which has seen it and done it all .Not even going to discuss Clattenturd , he robbed us at their cess pit of a ground with two blatant offsides and did the same today with the joke penalty. Vinny was a positive , thought we reduced the Spuds to a couple of half chances , Joe did not have a lot to do , to be fair. Onward and upward , our injury and fixture schedule means we will have to play a few EDS lads at Chelski , and then concentrate on going as far as we can in the Champs league .

The concerning thing regarding the team today was that most posters appeared to be happy with the starting line up with the exception of Yaya, the mitigating factor was that at least he was playing in a forward position. As such i don't believe Pelle deserves stick for the line up, however it was clear early on that it just wasn't happening for Yaya and he should have been pulled at half time.

What baffled me is that he then took off Fernando to accomodate Nacho, there is no doubt the young kid was the right decision to come on but Yaya had to come off at that point, fuck me we all know that we can no longer la him in a midfield 2 but to try and do this against Spurs was madness verging on neglect. You can put your house on it that Yaya will start in the CL and the final against the dippers and no doubt at the end of the month we will all be bemoaning the decision.

I said in the match thread that Spurs were the better team and i stand by that, i know they got the luck today with the penalty but when i look at both teams I can only see us finishing behind them come May. They looked a lot more composed and organised and in the end they ground out the result they needed.

I would be surprised if we finish top 3 at the moment and i never thought i would be writing that back in September.

I have a strong feeling Southampton will finish fourth.

Totally disagree. We dominated the second half. Toure was at the heart of everything offensively we did.

Seems you've made your mind up, I'm not his Dad or his mate. So I'll leave you to it.
That's OK! Appreciate it's just opinion and other people have their own.

He didn't do the basics in the game although he did try, and he created very little. He featured on the ball a fair bit, he s our go to man, but did nothing. I watched him closely and so many times the game just passes him by when we don't have the ball. He's OK when he's on it, but he does next to nothing off it, and that really hurts the team when we have the ball and when we don't.

And that game in hand will be played at Klanfield just three days after we play them at Wembley. Great game to have in hand isn't it? All sorts of Tom, Dick and Harry teams win there but we've not managed it for 13 seasons.

Full fixture list that week, yeah they decided to have the LC final on the Sunday before a mid week of games. The postponed game is Newcastle away date to be confirmed

I must have watched a different game. Today was better than the last few weeks. They created nothing until the ref decided to cheat with the penalty. Then I thought our manager panicked. He should never have taken Fernando off. Overall we looked a lot more solid and it took a dodgy penalty and hitting us on the break that cost us.

I was gutted after Dippers and Leicester but not so much today. Another loss granted but I feel cheated by the ref rather than the players effort. I can't even bring myself to criticise our manager and I really want to.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.