Post Match Thread: City vs Spurs

Deserved at least a point , can someone tell me why we changed to a team of urgency and passion , when we had a harsh penalty awarded against us ? Why don't we play from the 1st minute. with urgency and passion ? Is it just a general lack of hunger for a team which has seen it and done it all .Not even going to discuss Clattenturd , he robbed us at their cess pit of a ground with two blatant offsides and did the same today with the joke penalty. Vinny was a positive , thought we reduced the Spuds to a couple of half chances , Joe did not have a lot to do , to be fair. Onward and upward , our injury and fixture schedule means we will have to play a few EDS lads at Chelski , and then concentrate on going as far as we can in the Champs league .
It's always the same. We start playing when we go a goal down.

I didn't think Spurs were that good. Their forwards were anonymous and they've played better in previous seasons, but the most we deserved was a point. Neither keeper had much to do. Both defences were on top

Kompany made a big difference to City. All of a sudden Otamendi looked like a player alongside him again. That was the best thing to come out of today

Laughable that some people are calling out Sterling. Aguero was the worst city player on the pitch today. His touch was awful, decision making worse. Several occasions where sterling had acres of space in front of him, yet aguero never passes to him. All season it's been that way. But let's hang the manager and young sterling. Seems the route most are going these days. Sterling played as well as he could have with the support he was getting. Not to say he played great, but he is being deployed to support the spine of the team. It's quite obvious he doesn't have a license to do what he wants...

We sat back and absorbed pressure on the first half, which is what half the forum was asking for all week, yet we curse the team for being boring and slow. Looked like a page out of Mancini's book all half. If he was in the dugout, people would be focusing on the sad sad reality that the worst penalty I've ever seen has gone against us and it changed the complexion of the game.

100% better performance than last week. Hats to Arsenal for keeping us 6 pts in it.

Definitely times this season that Sterling and Kelechi get ignored by their colleagues when better placed than the City player in possession.

My point exactly

Things can change so quickly. Everyone thought we were going to go the season unbeaten after 5 games.

Now that Vinny is back, we have a chance because at least our Captain knows how to gee up the team even though our manager has a clue how to. Without him I would have to agree with the nay sayers.

Our record against the top teams is a fucking joke, there will not be a team with pretensions of winning the league anywhere n Europe with that record, the ref robbed us of a point maybe but the fact still remains, poor manager and players who put the effort in sporadically, we deserve fuck all

We didn't deserve to win the game nor lose it .
Bad ref decision for the penalty .
Played better than last week but that wasn't hard .
Take League cup win & top 4 now

Team selection was right for the game, 2 DM's against a team that can score goals was the right call. We were fucked over for the penalty, nothing we can do about that. I genuinely can't see all of the 3 teams above us losing/drawing enough games and us picking up enough points to overhaul them. Especially whilst they all have their tails up. We look lost. We play such slow, predictable, boring, lifeless, thoughtless football.

If the manager can't get the team up for it, he needs to go now. If the players can't put a proper shift in, they can fuck off too. Today's performance wasn't awful, we weren't good but we deserved a point I think. Some very poor finishing and better control around the box and we win that game.

What's the reason we seem to spark into life with 2 minutes to go? If we play with that intensity from the off we win the vast majority of games. Pretty fucking sick of seeing players giving 50/60%. Just not on.

I must have watched a different game. Today was better than the last few weeks. They created nothing until the ref decided to cheat with the penalty. Then I thought our manager panicked. He should never have taken Fernando off. Overall we looked a lot more solid and it took a dodgy penalty and hitting us on the break that cost us.

I was gutted after Dippers and Leicester but not so much today. Another loss granted but I feel cheated by the ref rather than the players effort. I can't even bring myself to criticise our manager and I really want to.
I was amazed he took Fernando off instead of Toure. I said to the people next to me, we'll be wide open on the break now, and that's exactly how it turned out. Stupid costly decision. Toure was offering nothing goig forward and at least Fernando is defensively strong.

I do agree we played better, but it's still way short of what's required. Injuries are real, and we are in a difficult situation but I think the manager is making it worse by picking players who should at best be on the bench.

I think it shows how far we've dropped the last season or two...whether it was the ref, Yaya giving the ball away in his own half for the 2nd goal or the slow start "again" by the team....its clear we just arent good enough and we a team that needs fresh ideas and fresh legs.....the stats someone posted earlier cant lie...

Henry made a point on sky.......Anyone think it strange that no one went over the celebrate with Iheanacho when he scored?

Thierry Henry has questioned the togetherness within the Manchester City squad by pointing out the lack of a celebration after Kelechi Iheanacho's equalising goal against Tottenham.

"That's something that, I don't know… you scored a goal, go and celebrate with the guy. 'Let's go, get the ball back'. No one went to celebrate with him. He was in the corner there".

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.