Post Match Thread: City vs Spurs

Thought Silva was much better today, but like you I don't think we deserved to win. We only started to play when they scored.

It was a much better performance than Leicester and all the players were aggressive and committed (basic but missing against Leicester), however we didn't create many chancesor do enough to win it.

The injuries are hurting us, but Pellegrini is making some big mistakes too
Totally agree, much more could be said but i'm not going to write that much. Life's too short ; )

Deserved at least a point , can someone tell me why we changed to a team of urgency and passion , when we had a harsh penalty awarded against us ? Why don't we play from the 1st minute. with urgency and passion ? Is it just a general lack of hunger for a team which has seen it and done it all .Not even going to discuss Clattenturd , he robbed us at their cess pit of a ground with two blatant offsides and did the same today with the joke penalty. Vinny was a positive , thought we reduced the Spuds to a couple of half chances , Joe did not have a lot to do , to be fair. Onward and upward , our injury and fixture schedule means we will have to play a few EDS lads at Chelski , and then concentrate on going as far as we can in the Champs league .

Agree with all of that.

Much better than last week. Still took way too long to get on the front foot.

Thought VK made a difference generally but I thought he was at fault for Eriksen's goal by playing him onside.

Silva was a bit better some super touches and passing mixed with some sloppy play. Kun was strangely off form.

The sad thing for me is that was close to our best team but we've lost our aura. Spurs worked hard but really had 1 chance and a penalty but were never scared of us.

If we can play like we did for the last 30 mins for the rest of the season we'll be close enough.

That's OK! Appreciate it's just opinion and other people have their own.

He didn't do the basics in the game although he did try, and he created very little. He featured on the ball a fair bit, he s our go to man, but did nothing. I watched him closely and so many times the game just passes him by when we don't have the ball. He's OK when he's on it, but he does next to nothing off it, and that really hurts the team when we have the ball and when we don't.

My question would be: what would be expected of any City player playing in Yaya's place ? My answer would be: to do at least as well as Yaya did. He wasn't shocking, he did a few nice things. On the whole he was off the pace struggling to read stuff, track anyone or do anything decisive. He played a lot of the game in a position where Barca for instance would have Suarez or Messi. If Tevez was still at City, which one should be playing there ? Would Mata or Rooney be worse ?

If Yaya is good enough to do that job for City, then we are not very good.

No mate......deal is signed and he's coming....no get out clause........I'm VERY happy to say CL or no CL...he's our manager next season!; )

More importantly. A guy like Pep wouldn't even think of not coming to City because we hadn't qualified for the CL (which, by the way, we will do). He's managed two of the very biggest clubs in the world. Nothing whatsoever obliged him to choose us. His criteria have to based on the medium to long term set-up of everything that's going on at this club. Not the results of one season which he in any case has had no control over.

It's always the same. We start playing when we go a goal down.

I didn't think Spurs were that good. Their forwards were anonymous and they've played better in previous seasons, but the most we deserved was a point. Neither keeper had much to do. Both defences were on top

Kompany made a big difference to City. All of a sudden Otamendi looked like a player alongside him again. That was the best thing to come out of today

perhaps we can concede a dodgy penalty in the 1st minute of the remaining games , at least we will have 89 minutes of committed , high energy football from the players.

i thought for the first time in a long time manuel got the system and the players positions in that system spot on, bastard clattenberg did us again like he did at white hart lane. in spite of our injury list i thought we played well for the most part. the trouble is, just when you think pelligini has got the message he reverts to type the next game.

A draw would have been a fair result.
Depressing result though.
Great atmosphere - probably the best for a while.

I think we're coming to rely an Aguero far too much, and as wonderful as he is, he can't do it all by himself. The two main threats are Aguero and the occasional Toure burst (becoming few and far between now).
I'd be very tempted to go with two upfront (Aguero and iheanacho) for the rest of the season - and at least try to give opposition defences another threat to worry about.

It's been train wreck since KDB went down. Our counterattack is nonexistent. The XI we've fielded has been a train wreck for finding goals during buildup play. Silva and Aguero look absolutely lost without another forward. Seeing Silva and Sterling out wide just doesn't work. At all. What the hell has happened? I can't believe that I'm now nervous going into games trying to figure out what has to go right for us to even score. It's Aguero creates magic or it's nothing. I'll give Sterling another year before I pass judgement but unless we're on the counter then it's hard for me to get excited when he's out there. Sadly there isn't anything left to throw out there.....other than KELECHI and for some reason Pellers refuses to throw him out there.

It just feels like we're playing so passively when we have the ball. It's all been very predictable and our confidence seems lost.

Just seen their winner again, fucking shite goal to give away.

Yaya awful, no midfield getting at Lamela, Ota jumping out when no need, and then fucking Kolarov just letting Eriksen run away from him.

Kolarov should be nowhere near the first team.

Just got back from the match and I'm still seething with rage at Clattenbent and his extremely dodgy assistants.

The 'penalty' awarded against Sterling was an absolute joke and how many times was Sergio flagged offside, when it was clear to everybody at Etihad, apart from the offending linesman that he wasn't.

And as for those phoning Radio Manchester criticising Pellers' team selection today, words fail me. What was he supposed to do, put MD out on the wing?

Overall though, a good performance; much better than against Leicester. Spurs never looked like scoring, apart from the twice they did, obviously. Vinnie and Nic were very comfortable at the back.

It was great to see VK back at the heart of our defence and hopefully, some of the other injuries will start to clear up. It's going to be difficult to win the title now,,but it's not beyond the realms of possibility.

Deserved at least a point , can someone tell me why we changed to a team of urgency and passion , when we had a harsh penalty awarded against us ? Why don't we play from the 1st minute. with urgency and passion ? Is it just a general lack of hunger for a team which has seen it and done it all .Not even going to discuss Clattenturd , he robbed us at their cess pit of a ground with two blatant offsides and did the same today with the joke penalty. Vinny was a positive , thought we reduced the Spuds to a couple of half chances , Joe did not have a lot to do , to be fair. Onward and upward , our injury and fixture schedule means we will have to play a few EDS lads at Chelski , and then concentrate on going as far as we can in the Champs league .

Good comments mate....I agree....in my mind we lost again because of the same lack of urgency and passion we've showed for most of the season....and for those reasons I expect 3 or 4 faces to be moved on in the summer....change is needed...we the only team in the top 4 that doesnt play with urgency, with fight, a hunger to win and it showing in the results.....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.