Post Match Thread: City vs West Ham

if we have a fit aguero we win this unfortunately hes not really found his form just yet this season, hope he can find some form soon

My view on the game

Their GK had a very good game for starters.

Aguero is clearly not fit and i think this shows that MP doesn't have faith in Bony who is a complete waste of space and should have been left on the bench as he just slowed everything down and just doesn't fit into our style of play.

Navas needs to be put on the bench- there GK helped them win the game but he was able assisted in the fact that Navas wasted so many great positions. We need a better option than him and Id get rid of him asap - he brings very little to our attacking play and in fact he wastes a lot of great build up.

Kolorov was again woeful and was responsible for both goals...he backed off the player in the build up to the first giving him space to turn and then run into (he didn't need to do this as he had sterling covering the run of the man outwide and). He also gave away the corner and then was the player that was beaten in the air for the goal. He nearly gave then a third goal it hadn't been for Mangala and backed out of various other challenges as well as wasting numerous positions when crossing (those that use his crossing as one of his positives are vastly overrating and Ive never believed the hype in it).

MP substituion was again baffling (how many times has that been said) - he brings on Bony and takes sterling off when at least sterling can cross...if anyone should have gone off it was Navas.

The biggest thing for me is however the loss of Silva - KDB had a decent game but he is a class below silva who for me is in the bracket just below messi. KDB maybe gives us more of a goal threat (great goal today) BUT Silva controls and dictates the game - finding a replacement for him is going to prove nigh on impossible when the time comes

Otamendi looked good as well...

When the hell is Clichy back fit?

1st half performance cost us that game and an oustanding amount of luck for West Ham's defence.
Never in a game of football have i seen so many balls been deflected in the favour of one team.
Maybe this will wake us up and we realise that we have to play for 90 mins against EVERY team.

Navas was his usual self, bony still yet to impress. Daylight robbery that we didn't get at least a point

Typical City
Have a chance to extend the lead and put Arsenal out of sight and we underestimate and disrespect (again) a tough opposition at the start, go 2 behind and then its too late to win the game.
Last seasons failings are coming back to haunt us.

Lose at spurs and the Rags could he above us and their average.

Credit to Reed and Adrian.

Navas needs to work on picking his head up and crossing it to someone in a light blue shirt.

Bony does nothing for me.

Aguero was not sharp. He should have scored a couple.

KDB and Otamendi looked good.

But most importantly we were just unlucky. How none of those blocked shots took a deflection and got past Adrian, all those shots that just skimmed wide, or any of the rebounds fell to any of our players, and how they scored on an illegitimate corner.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.