Post Match Thread: Election 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting that the more educated you are, the more likely to vote Labour and the less educated you are, the more likely you are to vote Tory. Notice that the highest Labour voting bloc were those that have finished University and not those IN University. I'd argue that many people who went to Uni understand the social and economic good that it brings to the country as a whole and are willing to sacrifice a small amount of their taxes to ensure access to higher education is as low cost and free as possible.

Education-01.png

In all seriousness though going to university doesn't mean you're more intelligent or informed. My mate doesn't vote and couldn't even tell you one difference between Corbyn and May, he got a 2:2 in events management. My housemate is slightly less knowledgeable than the rest of my mates and he went to university too.

I like to think of myself as more informed than both and I chose to leave education earlier as I got a good job offer.

I know the data is more in general terms but I don't think it says much.

There are better things to spend money on at the moment. When his generation went to university it was only a few now everyone goes practically. Blair wanted everyone to go to uni,

The student loan scheme is the best way of dealing with an impossible situation. There is a finite amount of money you know?

You only start paying it back when you earn over a threshold and it's only a small amount. Btw I had student loans and have paid them back. It's manageable.

how much were your loans were they £40,000, £50,000, £60,000?

With all due respect that is nonsense and I will explain why later. In fact i will quickly do now while I wait for my chips in the chippy. People with student debt were bribed to vote labour and more younger people go to university these days doing shit degrees and they are more likely to vote labour than the wiser older generation - I don't need any google or graph to tell me that.
And the Tories threatening to take money off the 'wiser older generation', after years of every party bribing them, because they were the ones that voted, cost them the election.

Have you seen the level of government debt and the way it keeps growing?

£1.8 Trillion and counting!

Incredible isnt it given the austerity this Tory government has heaped on those least able to afford it.

I wonder where the money is going?

Yes of course I have seen the debt and applaud the government for trying and successfully reducing our yearly defecit. Please explain to me how spending more on public services will help to reduce that debt? Clearly it can't and won't.

How do you feel about labours manifesto that the national debt would increase significantly more under them than it would under the current government?

As I said - cake and eat it. You can't have it both ways?

My other post made perfect sense. Expecting the middle generation(s) to pay for young and old to have fun for free is just discrimination. It's not a fair society.

RE: This post, so basically you're saying people can't trust the Government unless they give it away for free. Sums it up. All take, no personal responsibility.

"oh, I can't pay for my own education like everyone else, I have to be handed it on a plate because it's such a big number that I'll never pay-off unless I can afford to".

Just stinks.

"like everyone else" is bollocks

only those since 1998 have paid and only those since 2010 have paid at least £15,000 a year.

it unfair to ask the older generation to pay for themselves as they have already paid for the previous older generation and the current working generation (who did get the free uni paid for by the current older generation).

and the younger generation now have to pay for their own education and to look after the current working generation when they are old because there is a massive gap in pension funding.

the generation that became adults before 1998 are the selfish cunts if they dont want to fund the young and old, previous generations funded them and future generations will also fund them

And the Tories threatening to take money off the 'wiser older generation', after years of every party bribing them, because they were the ones that voted, cost them the election.

Didn't they get the largest vote of a Tory party since thatcher and the most votes and the most seats in the election despite the biggest blackmail of students ever and having to admit to the tough choices we face to get our economy back on track? Or am I missing something?

how much were your loans were they £40,000, £50,000, £60,000?

They were probably about 20k at the end.

Anyway , in my day as has been pointed out tuition fees were free. It would be lovely if that was the case today but it isn't. It would be great if everyone in the country got lots of things for free and everything was a million times better than it is at the moment, but back in The real world there is a pot of money that gets dished out and I am not sure scrapping university fees now is the best use of that pot of money. There Are bigger priorities at the moment, like the nhs for example.

I don't hear about universities closing down because of a lack of students. There is still plenty of demand so it may be is working. Hey?

Yes of course I have seen the debt and applaud the government for trying and successfully reducing our yearly defecit. Please explain to me how spending more on public services will help to reduce that debt? Clearly it can't and won't.

How do you feel about labours manifesto that the national debt would increase significantly more under them than it would under the current government?

As I said - cake and eat it. You can't have it both ways?

I dont want it both ways.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...since-2010-under-george-osborne-a6947661.html

The truth would be nice?

"like everyone else" is bollocks

only those since 1998 have paid and only those since 2010 have paid at least £15,000 a year.

it unfair to ask the older generation to pay for themselves as they have already paid for the previous older generation and the current working generation (who did get the free uni paid for by the current older generation).

and the younger generation now have to pay for their own education and to look after the current working generation when they are old because there is a massive gap in pension funding.

the generation that became adults before 1998 are the selfish cunts if they dont want to fund the young and old, previous generations funded them and future generations will also fund them

so that's 20 years of people paying for themselves then, so that's enough for my assertion to be fair.

Anyone supporting free tuition from now on is just wilfully harming the generation who's already been hung out to dry, it's callous really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.