Post Match Thread: Election 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
it is an investment, one for which the individual should pay for if they want a better future, just like the current and previous generation have had to with little hardship.

Any other format is just a generational bias tax on those who were born at the wrong time and is completely discriminatory against that generation in the workforce, who will have to pay for both the generation before and generations after to have a nice time without earning it and for free.

previous generation average loan was less than £15,000. the current generation are looking at £40,000
the generation before that had no loans at all.

your post makes no sense.

No problem if the Labour manifesto protected it to ensure it was on similar terms to before the Tories started messing with the bold, but they pay back their tuition fees themselves if they can afford to. Labour could have done a million things that would have been genuinely caring and compassionate, but decided to bribe youngsters and buy votes with an answer that is utterly selfish, and yes, poor people should not be put off by a debt they don't have to pay back unless they're no longer poor, self-explanatory.

no it's the one who had to pay for it because your generation decided you could have it free, but we couldn't. Then the generations above also decided they deserved a triple lock on their pensions whilst we have far worse pension schemes and have to work longer, and the supposed man of the people from the generations above decided the generations below could have their uni free. Wonder who pays for it all? Oh yeah, my generation.

as long as they trust the goverments for the next 45 years not to change the rules.
How has that worked out in the past?

You want your cake and eat it - if we had carried on spending would the debt be less? Most of those points are subjective. Anyone who thinks things are worse now than 2008 is utterly deluded.

Have you seen the level of government debt and the way it keeps growing?

£1.8 Trillion and counting!

Incredible isnt it given the austerity this Tory government has heaped on those least able to afford it.

I wonder where the money is going?

I have 3 degree or above qualifications and paid for them myself either out of pocket or through student loans which have been repaid so I'm not sure exactly who you think you're talking to when "I decided I could have it free".

Because when you went it was manageable. Now kids can walk out of Uni with potentially £100,000 of debt.

Yes, Tony Blair wanted the populace to be educated which leads to more innovation, more high rate taxpayers and less people stuck in a cycle of poverty inside ghettos. How stupid of him. Shouldn't let the serfs read.

Stop exaggerating. When I went to uni you can get part time jobs and summer jobs you know to help pay your way? Or is it mandatory that taxpayers have to pay for everything Fees, digs, booze money, Sky tv?

I am not sure some of the courses really are innovative . We didn't get more mathematicians doctors and scientists , just more arts students and "modern courses. " like American studies and media studies.

Before you start I was born in moston and went to a shit school and got no help. Had to pay my way , fees were free but my lpc I had to pay the fees for as post grad. Funded through loans and now paid back as I thought it best that I didn't get my north Manchester mates who didn't go to university pay for me to have the privilege of the experience.

Have you seen the level of government debt and the way it keeps growing?

£1.8 Trillion and counting!

Incredible isnt it given the austerity this Tory government has heaped on those least able to afford it.

I wonder where the money is going?

to be fair the tories did cut tax for some people, its just you had to be earning over £150,000 a year to benefit
we are all in it together apparantly

Stop exaggerating. When I went to uni you can get part time jobs and summer jobs you know to help pay your way? Or is it mandatory that taxpayers have to pay for everything Fees, digs, booze money, Sky tv?

I am not sure some of the courses really are innovative . We didn't get more mathematicians doctors and scientists , just more arts students and "modern courses. " like American studies and media studies.

Before you start I was born in moston and went to a shit school and got no help. Had to pay my way , fees were free but my lpc I had to pay the fees for as post grad. Funded through loans and now paid back as I thought it best that I didn't get my north Manchester mates who didn't go to university pay for me to have the privilege of the experience.

you didnt pay your way then did you, you didnt pay undergrad fees
no mainstream party is arguing for free postgrad courses

your posts are a mass of contradictions

Last edited:
as long as they trust the goverments for the next 45 years not to change the rules.
How has that worked out in the past?
My other post made perfect sense. Expecting the middle generation(s) to pay for young and old to have fun for free is just discrimination. It's not a fair society.

RE: This post, so basically you're saying people can't trust the Government unless they give it away for free. Sums it up. All take, no personal responsibility.

"oh, I can't pay for my own education like everyone else, I have to be handed it on a plate because it's such a big number that I'll never pay-off unless I can afford to".

Just stinks.

Interesting that the more educated you are, the more likely to vote Labour and the less educated you are, the more likely you are to vote Tory. Notice that the highest Labour voting bloc were those that have finished University and not those IN University. I'd argue that many people who went to Uni understand the social and economic good that it brings to the country as a whole and are willing to sacrifice a small amount of their taxes to ensure access to higher education is as low cost and free as possible.

Education-01.png

Just shows that Labour voters liked dicking about at uni.

...That's a joke by the way

it is an investment, one for which the individual should pay for if they want a better future, just like the current and previous generation have had to with little hardship.

Any other format is just a generational bias tax on those who were born at the wrong time and is completely discriminatory against that generation in the workforce, who will have to pay for both the generation before and generations after to have a nice time without earning it and for free.

Then I look forward to companies and businesses up and down the UK turning down govt grants. I don't see why I should fund their better future. Bunch of leeches sucking on the Govt teat. Sheesh - Tories subsidising their mates and yuking it up later over G&T's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.