Post Match Thread: Election 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Conservative-DUP confidence and supply deal is expected to be finalised and announced on either Tuesday or Thursday next week, Sky News understands.

The DUP's consent to the announcement of a date for a delayed Queen's Speech is a sign that they have agreed the first part of this deal.

This will give Theresa May's Government the initial "confidence" it needs to pass the Queen's Speech programme.

But the DUP has agreed to a "revised Queen's Speech" to go ahead on Wednesday - two days later than previously planned.

It has not yet finalised the "supply" part of the deal - both parties are still working out the level and detail of ongoing support that the DUP will provide for a range of Government priorities and legislation

http://news.sky.com/story/conservative-dup-agreement-due-next-week-10916703

Does this mean they can put the benign policies out in this revised queens speech then surprise us with the shocking ones later?
Genuine question as i don't really understand it

They were probably about 20k at the end.

Anyway , in my day as has been pointed out tuition fees were free. It would be lovely if that was the case today but it isn't. It would be great if everyone in the country got lots of things for free and everything was a million times better than it is at the moment, but back in The real world there is a pot of money that gets dished out and I am not sure scrapping university fees now is the best use of that pot of money. There Are bigger priorities at the moment, like the nhs for example.

I don't hear about universities closing down because of a lack of students. There is still plenty of demand so it may be is working. Hey?
But we still pay for all the students fees and loans. They either pay some of it back or they don't but all the money is paid up front so the pot of money, as you describe it, is being dipped into every time someone goes to university, with an assumption that some of it will be paid back over 30 years. How are they saving money?

But we still pay for all the students fees and loans. They either pay some of it back or they don't but all the money is paid up front so the pot of money, as you describe it, is being dipped into every time someone goes to university, with an assumption that some of it will be paid back over 30 years. How are they saving money?

When it's paid back?

No it doesn't it helps my argument. There have actually been no cuts - there has been a slowing of public spend. The money is going exactly where it has always gone. We are spending more than we ever have but trying to manage our economy so as not to burden future generations with an unsustainable burden. You should really be applauding the government for not turning off the spending tap as quickly as they firstly intended. That is closer to the truth. What do you think they are doing with the money ? Just giving it in sacks to rich people??!!!

Yep.

Austerity was as much an ideological mission and not just about reducing the deficit or national debt. It was about permanently reducing the state and the public sector to 36% of GDP and hang the consequences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.