Post Match Thread: Election 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure I heard this morning on GMB Robert Peston say the DUP wanted a hard Brexit last year even though the Irish voters didn't ....or was I hearing things?

Is Theresa willingly ignoring the last 12 hours?

So, does this mean no re-run election in Autumn?

I'm sure I heard this morning on GMB Robert Peston say the DUP wanted a hard Brexit last year even though the Irish voters didn't ....or was I hearing things?

To be fair, I thought that was their position too, but I just assumed I'd got it wrong based on the commentary on here over the past hour or two.

The shit the Tories have put this country though over the past 2 years, all for the sake of settling their own infighting is beyond the pale. Shall we just take another look at this? They've brought these people in to prop up their government? And yet people still insist Corbyn would drag us backwards? People arguing about Corbyn not doing enough to appeal to the middle ground. The middle ground prefers this? Shame on them then. This is a national embarrassment.

Abortion should be “ruled out for rape victims”
The Pope is the Anti-Christ
Gay couples “more likely to abuse children
“Homosexuality is an abomination”
No gay marriage
“Gays more vile than child abusers”
Attempts to reduce CO2 emissions are “Green propaganda”
Claims that fossil fuels will run out are “nonsense”
“Man-made climate change is a con”
Creationism should be “taught in every school”
Removal of evolutionary teaching from the curriculum
The 60 million-year-old Giant’s Causeway is only 6,000 years old
Line dancing is “sinful”
They seem like a right laugh.

I'm still very concerned about Brexit. Tariff-free access to the single market is essential imo, unless we are all for a period of sustained hardship, irrespective of which government.

I don't think raising corporation tax at this difficult time however, would have done anything other than terrible harm, and I am glad we have knocked that on the head for the time-being at least.

I don't see tariffs as an issue. Germany have a big say in Europe and I don't think the likes of BMW, Mercedes, BASF, Siemens etc would be hugely delighted to see their goods burdened with tariffs.

Nah, a few of their MPs might but their members and electorate are dead against it, go look at the referendum result in NI.

they need to scrap all the policies on social care, triple lock, fox hunting and focus on investment, especially in the police and nhs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.