Post Match Thread: Election 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like she's staying.

She won't be. Not a chance.

What's that quote from Hague?

The Tories are an absolute monarchy tempered by regicide. She's dead as a dodo, the only thing saving her is that even the Tories aren't stupid enough to publicly assassinate her 10 days before Brexit talks before they have a majority Government.

So Theresa May actually got more votes than Blair did in his 1997 landslide?

Really?

It's still a win. Everyone said the same about the Con-Lib coalition if you remember.

Not sure why Labour are celebrating coming second to be honest.

It's good as far as I'm concerned. No hard Brexit likely and with luck a change in leadership before the next election. No way the Tories will allow May to run again. I also think a coalition is good as it reins the Tories in somewhat

Edit. The other good point from last night is the SNP losing so many seats. 11 Scottish Tories!?! Never thought I'd see the day. Sturgeon can put Indy2 to bed.

I'm trying to see positives as well mate. I voted for May through gritted teeth to be honest, and although I'd have preferred a majority, her being got rid of - when it happens - is certainly a positive in my book.

She will stay as long as she needs to to ensure a new government and stop Corbyn being the PM no one really wants.

I agree - that's what I said earlier, or words to that effect.

It's still a win. Everyone said the same about the Con-Lib coalition if you remember.

Not sure why Labour are celebrating coming second to be honest.

It's good as far as I'm concerned. No hard Brexit likely and with luck a change in leadership before the next election. No way the Tories will allow May to run again. I also think a coalition is good as it reins the Tories in somewhat

Edit. The other good point from last night is the SNP losing so many seats. 11 Scottish Tories!?! Never thought I'd see the day. Sturgeon can put Indy2 to bed.

It's not a coalition, though, is it?

You must be young, as I can remember them having double that number. :-)

We will mate :) Far from the DUP's biggest fan but delighted an NI party have a seat at the table for the negotiations with the EU. NI stand to lose a lot more than the other UK countries, they need to be represented.

I have a lot of friends from NI, one or two of them extremely close, and they're all pretty devastated about it to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.