Post Match Thread: Election 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately the "Blairites" as you call them are still the only Labour members who have ever actually won an election.

This is a fad and will pass. Centrist politics will ALWAYS win.

No, it won't, it rarely does, it didn't last night, in 2015 or in 2010.

Just as a little background information, there were 10 by-elections in the two years following the election in 2015. Moreover, there were 21 by-elections over the course of the 2010-2015 parliament.

Keeping a supply and confidence government together will require great tact, and starting the Brexit negotiations and then changing leader in the summer could have major implications.

Fascinating times ahead.

Unfortunately the "Blairites" as you call them are still the only Labour members who have ever actually won an election.

This is a fad and will pass. Centrist politics will ALWAYS win.

And to think Theresa May started out by saying (effectively) governing for the many not the few, saw her lead accelerate to +20 points and then decided to say she'd take peoples' homes off them, stop increasing their pensions, take their winter fuel allowance off some of them and make kids go hungry at school. What a complete cretin she is.

She genuinely had the opportunity to seize the biggest Tory majority in 30 years and has all on her own, fucked it right up. She'll be lucky if she is not humanly put to sleep, let alone lose her job.

I am sure you are right. As I say, I mentioned it only half tongue-in-cheek.

I do wonder how some of the Labour centrist MPs are feeling this morning though? Pleasantly pleased and surprised, or monumentally pissed off.

I'll happily take silent and neutered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.