Post Match Thread: Election 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
as a side to the tory/labour discussion I find whats happened in norn iron astonishing. Theyve basically wiped the actual political parties on the centre left and centre right off the map and stuck all their eggs in the respective political arm of the old paramilitary groups basket
Yeah I agree actually. UK government holding hands with the unionist party will be making the other side in N.I. very uneasy. It could be a dangerous step by May.

A lot of Tory MPs unhappy about associating with the DUP a party whose candidates were endorsed by a loyalist umbrella group which represents the UDA.
Chief concern is that the DUP will extract concessions from May regarding local Northern Ireland issues which might just upset Sinn Fein a bit. This could destabilize the Nortern Ireland peace already under strain after Brexit and the collapse of the assembly a few months back.
PS they are also anti same sex marriage,anti abortion, formerly climate change deniers and pro creationists.

one on radio last night saying any brexit deal should have a hard border, dangerous lot to have to rely on

Keep reading the word coalition on here. Has that actually been mentioned, or is it a supply and confidence government? If it is a coalition, will there be DUP cabinet members?

I think the term is 'an understanding' between both parties

Last week there was a London Labour MP begging her electorate to vote for her as she thought Corbyn was affecting her chances. Must feel a bit silly today.

Last week there was a London Labour MP begging her electorate to vote for her as she thought Corbyn was affecting her chances. Must feel a bit silly today.

? really i dont think labour were in any danger in london. they've attracted the students and more wealthy voters there.

See she's already been to see the Queen. Did the Queen tell her to eff off or what?

Not sure what the status of government is.
200.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.