Post Match Thread: Election 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who could they elect as a leader who could win though? I had high hopes for Chuka but he turned out to be a massive fanny who didn't like the papers writing stuff about his family which is even more laughable considering all the shit Corbyn has had to deal with from the media. I don't see the next Blair (in terms of popularity when he was voted) anywhere in the party so I'll settle for Corbyn rattling a few cages, taking on the press and being a proper opposition leader until they do find someone who could win.

To be fair Corbyn earned a higher percentage of the vote than Blair did in 2005 and almost the same as him in 2001. So the numbers are there, if Sturgeon wasn't so adamant on Indyref2, Labour would have had a chance of getting in. I think it bodes well for the next election be it in a few months or years, well we can all hope.

Woman on the edge of a nervous breakdown.....

Largest party with the most seats and most votes...

Largest party with the most seats and most votes.

Stability has also become the new Strong and Stable, in other words:

Please don't challenge, please don't fire me etc...

Everything you say I agree with, apart from the "maybe". It would be *impossible* for them to run a worse campaign than this time, wouldn't it? I mean, seriously, I cannot actually imagine how they could do it worse. You could write a book based on this fiasco, entitled, "How to try to lose an election from an unassailable position". If a cock-up was possible at any juncture, they grasped it. They left no stone unturned in being as shit as is humanly possible.
But I also believe the press attacks on Corbyn are now a busted flush... they have thrown what they can and surely no more skeletons to drag out and flog to death. Next time those attacks begin to look puerile. Perhaps, just perhaps, a true left of centre agenda is now the best alternative to engage the 3 out of 100 voters Labour now need to swing?

Woman on the edge of a nervous breakdown.....

Largest party with the most seats and most votes.

God she is a tedious fucker. She should be apologising for wasting everyone's time and energy. No need for the election, she fucked it up and she should be nowhere near forming another government. The Tories have created this mess and they should sort it out. But with another leader as this one is not fit for purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.