Post Match Thread: Kiev 1 - 3 City

Komps is such a pro, hope he stays at City for a long time, maybe a future manager to win us the 5th CL :-)

This is pathetic, predominately bias... banging on about the FA cup immediately rather than taking positives from the performance...

We should play like that all the time , or even a lot more often would do.

Its hard to gauge but maybe although after the result today its easy to come to the conclusion that we have put our eggs in one basket hoping we avoid PSG, Barca, Bayern , Real and Athletico assuming they all come through in the QTR Final.

Why we can blow so hot and cold escapes me and if we played like that more often we wouldn't lose many games away from home in the premier league.

That's how we should et up and play at home as well ala Leicester counter attack and let the opposition make the running and the mistakes and pounce on them ala Barca against Arsenal.

Simple football much easier to play and usually gets you the result.
Kiev either didn't do their homework on City or couldn't play at the workrate required with the result that every City player had time on the ball.

We wouldn't get that luxury in the Premiership. Very unusual for a Champions League game at this level to be so one sided. That's what Utd,Chelsea, Arsenal have been playing most seasons because they were top sides whilst we played Barcelona and Bayern

That was brilliant.

Pressed all first half and could've been 4 up.

Second half dropped off and relied on a Joe save to keep it 2-1 but we could easily have scored 2/3 more before Yaya scored and that's not counting 3 good penalty shouts.

Watching it in Ireland and Liam Brady, Damian Duff and Didi Hamann are slating City. I think they'd written a script beforehand. Utter b@ll@x so far

Excellent tactics and pressing first half especially. I've hammered Pelle but credit is due tonight.

Great result, some big performances out there.

Would've liked to have seen us rest a couple tonight from the start, but I think Pellegrini got his set up bang on. Fernandinho on the right actually worked really well.

Not happy with the in game management though, think we'd have been wiser not to go chasing after that third goal and try to have kept the clean sheet. Make some early changes with an eye on Sunday and close up shop, thought we faded with the pressing off the ball which made us so dominant in the first half and were too wide open at times, and none of those key players have been rested now going into Sunday.
yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.