Post Match Thread - United (h)

First off, Eddie kept us in the game. When B Silva, KDB and Sterling are all off the pace, how is Gabby to get any service? I agree that D Silva is at a point now where he needs to be option 2 behind Foden. Laporte coming back cannot happen fast enough. With no Sane we have no change of pace option on the wing save Mahrez and he did well but we were already too far back. Utd are growing in confidence now that they've determined -- after years of not figuring it out -- that they don't have the side to play "attack, attack" football "the Utd way" but do have the ability to sit deep and punch hard on the counter, especially against us. It's a combination of not having the players to play Pep's system and the players who can being either tired or old or going through a lack of confidence. No overlaps, no sharp movement, no confidence today. Just dink after dink into the box, playing ponderously on the edges, having an attacker dribble in only to be surrounded by three defenders, giving the ball away, and how many blocked shots? This is like watching the same movie we've seen several other times this season; only the opponent has changed. I can understand Pep and the players being frustrated with calls that don't go their way but playing like this we don't deserve luck, really. It's just a year where top 4 must be our goal (will be harder to attract players if suddenly there's no CL?) and we have to be patient and wait for hurt players to come back. In the meantime, lets blood in Garcia and Foden before we get more injuries and have no choice.

bit of perspective, missing Laporte, Sane, Aguero and Kompany from our best XI of last year, and still haven't found a left back. Clear though that there is some serious surgery required in the summer.

The most worrying thing is Pep didn't have an answer to a fast counter attacking side, sound familiar?

Pity some on here don't have your perspective . The injuries are the real issue imo.

I disagree on Gundogan but the rest is fine.

fair enough - I personally thing GUndogan has hugely underperfomred since day one but today had nothing to do with him...was just pointing uot the weaknsess of ur options on the bench....

Injuries are killing us smoewhat (esp Sane and Laporte) but tactically we aint right - the balnce in the team just aint there at present.

We were dire, deserved nothing. And ( spits on the floor ) fair play to them they deserved to win. I will say; and it’s not an excuse, for me two penalty shouts turned down, but if we played in red not blue they would be given. I have a kind of ‘what’s the point’ mentality now. I don’t even watch Liverpool’s games anymore because you know everything is going to go their way. Imagine being a player and knowing even your best might see you get robbed. It’s a demotivating season. Sack the league off ( looks like we have ) and throw it all at the cups. Fresh blood needed next year. I think we’re short up top personally, need a bit of variety

I think after the last 2 seasons Pep has earned some benefit of doubt?!

We’ll see if ‘the team is finished’ in the cup comps. All the truly great teams struggled to find consistency to win competitive leagues week after week, season after season. There has to be a drop off.
Yes but you expect some sort of consistency and and that's not happening at the moment. There is a problem and Pep needs to sort it. Now

Too sentimental with Spanish Dave, the warning signs were there last season.

One of the greatest ever City players, but now a shadow of himself.
Yet was one of the best players on the park midweek.
Too easy to blame Silva, it’s a shithouse trick. Our problems are way deeper than Silva not running the show every week.

The fact that Ferny is our best central defender tells us all we need to know, we need to go shopping.

5-6 Players turnaround so poor worryingly this hasnt been a blip its almost a tools down job Not just 1 or2 games tbf we have been shit most of the games so far again Angelino stones 2x Silvas jesus sterling all shit

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.