Post Match Thread - United (h)

Who mentioned not trying? The team has underperformed. VAR and injuries are a factor but do not mask the fact that we are not at the races.

You did. Your comment:

Half of that team needs a serious rocket,

Suggests they are not trying when in fact, the opposite is true. It’s just not happening at the moment. Injuries VAR etc are now having the expected effect

come to planet earth mate, they were 2 up and sat deeper, the clueless ones just happened to know what was going to happen fella, the amount of times I saw Angelino or Walker stood in the middle of the park just behind the strikers was ridiculous, what the fuck are they doing there ? Do they ever help or create from that position? No, just get in your full back position then when we lose the ball we’re not completely fucked, playing Peps way we could’ve been 4 down at half time

On planet earth people with a clue don't say: "he is fuckin clueless on what to do if plan A fails".

Your latest response implies that perhaps you do not fully appreciate the positional play approach Pep has (not that I can claim to) and, regardless of that, whatever went well or badly yesterday - Pep has demonstrated throughout his managerial career that he just a Plan A. His plans don't always work but more often that not, they do or he changes them and gets the result.

Hope I'm wrong but cant see Pep staying after this season
He doesnt look interested at times neither do a lot of the team currently.

I find his attitude interesting. He’s too calm for me, and he’s not one to just see things out he is a winner. It’s almost as though he is already planning for next season and beyond. I know ‘Salford Paul’ has said it in this thread earlier, but just wonder if he might be on the verge of extending his contract.

Agree many of our players have dipped this season , but the first Liverpool goal was Bravo , not sure even Eddy could save that from his seat in the stands :)

Ha, so it was! All the dross is blending into one. Anyway, I'm sure he'll look better when he has an actual defence in front of him, my original point was that I reckon we'll see a few more teams testing him.

You did. Your comment:

Half of that team needs a serious rocket,

Suggests they are not trying when in fact, the opposite is true. It’s just not happening at the moment. Injuries VAR etc are now having the expected effect

The idea that a team that retains 72% possession in a game and has 22 shots, even against a team that is sitting back, isn't trying is just daft.

I find his attitude interesting. He’s too calm for me, and he’s not one to just see things out he is a winner. It’s almost as though he is already planning for next season and beyond. I know ‘Salford Paul’ has said it in this thread earlier, but just wonder if he might be on the verge of extending his contract.

I think Pep has matured. And much of the time, the manager being calm when things are not going as well as everyone would like, is actually a good thing.

Rebuilding one of his successful teams is something new for Pep and hopefully that is a challenge that he relishes and is going to stay and tackle.

Also, whilst the title is realistically gone, he and the team still have lots to play for.

Sterling was particularly guilty of this yesterday. Hardly have any help to Angelino at all.

at one point in the first half he was chasing back, got to just outside the edge of our box beside their player and he just stopped...gave up. He has been getting away with poor performances for months by scoring the odd goal, like the one in the San Siro, which have glossed over his lack of form. We desperately need him back.

It's interesting that he still seems to perform on the international stage, though. I wonder if it's because he knows that the PL, PiGMOL, FArce Sunday Night at the London Palladium VAR Show won't be making an appearance and he feels free to express himself as we know he can. You train all week, prepare thoroughly, field a team full of top class players and VAR pisses all over it!

We were not cheated by VAR yesterday, we lost that game through our own foolishness, a ludicrous challenge from Silva for their pen and if any of the so called handball pens had been given against us in other games, I'd have been livid. They ripped though our midfield and back line at will in that half and that was not down to VAR, that was down to sloppiness and poor defending from our box up to the half way line.
People need to stop using the VAR thing as an excuse for our own current inadequacies. We were utter guff in that 1st half yesterday and could have been 4 or 5 down by HT.

First x30 mins was just liking watching Wolves running through us with pace earlier this season.

United turn over ball in their own half, pass to an unmarked Lingard in midfield, then sametime

Rashford, Martial,James set off x100m sprints. Lingard moves forward, Citys defence back off,

Eventually City engage Lingard, at that point plays to best unmarked of Rashford,/James/Martial.

Should have been x4 goals behind them at halftime not 2, shows Uniteds poor quality that they

didnt actually convert more of those clear chances.Then x2 banks of 4 to get thru but x2 down!

United best option to win was to deploy this. They would have had no chance at winning by trying

to break us down to create clear goals scoring opportunities. They dont have the midfield quality

to do that. But they and Wolves didnt need that, just electrifying quick transition straight thru us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.