Post Something Interesting

Wankum is not far from the municipality called Titz. At one time, probably the most used petrol station in Germany was in Wankum. British troops serving in BAOR.

Been there a few times. Last fill up using our petrol coupons.

Stalybridge around the time I was born.

1722233939571.png

People lived like that, basically in poverty & polluted squaller in one of the richest countries in the world while Earls, Marquis, Lords & Ladies, Royalty and the rest of the rich entitled enjoyed their vast country estates

Stalybridge around the time I was born.

View attachment 126838

People lived like that, basically in poverty & polluted squaller in one of the richest countries in the world while Earls, Marquis, Lords & Ladies, Royalty and the rest of the rich entitled enjoyed their vast country estates
And aristocrats looked down on the nouveau riche entrepreneurs as not being of the right stuff. The aristocracy has been the greatest drag on the rations since 1066. Off with their heads.

ok..im gonna have a punt at this...in greek mythology...Kronos, the titan, was forewarned that one of his offspring would eventually kill him. His Mrs.. 'Rhea'...also his sister, handed over babies, I think there were 6 over and Kronos ate them..all apart from little Zeus who she hid away....and who eventually killed Kronos with a scythe.

Kronos, bacame a figure with a scythe and represented Father Time. Chronology ets....so..im thinking Swiss clockmakers...time?

ok..im gonna have a punt at this...in greek mythology...Kronos, the titan, was forewarned that one of his offspring would eventually kill him. His Mrs.. 'Rhea'...also his sister, handed over babies, I think there were 6 over and Kronos ate them..all apart from little Zeus who she hid away....and who eventually killed Kronos with a scythe.

Kronos, bacame a figure with a scythe and represented Father Time. Chronology ets....so..im thinking Swiss clockmakers...time?
Excellent. I bet you’re right.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.