Post Something Interesting

Actually the fast acting magnatron was invented in the 30s and is the basis of radar, microwave ovens, mobile phones and much more. The British gov agonised over whether to give it to the US for free as part of the war effort. We did and the yanks made a fortune.
PS The music cafe in HB (opp Co-op) well worth a visit, open Thurs Fri Sat. unless lock down has done for it.
I shall search out that one! One of the party this morning was moaning about the menu. Jeez, they had crumpets on it! We'll see what the music cafe has to offer next time we're in HB.

I have just spent a nerve wracking thirty minutes in the political threads and thank God Riculas afforded them their own special place in space. Lifeless is not an adequate adjective for the toxic atmosphere that face the unwary or uninitiated. Even the most hostile habitats of mother earth harbour occasional life forms by means of extremophile bacteria or archaea, but I tell you this with all certainty .. they would not last a solitary moment in that bubbling festering den of iniquity .. so abandon hope all ye that enter.

At great risk to mind body and soul I managed to secrete a random transcript of their inane babblings.

s0XSaq4.gif

Moderation I've placed that transcript below to a spoiler for fear of upsetting the goodwill of our off topic brethren.
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers : /

And tea cups and decorative plates and plastic guardsmen and last night of the Proms and the rotting corpse of a sad, flabby, class ridden, shitty little island, living in an idealised past, consumed by doubt and self loathing, salved only by alcohol fuelled stupor.

Last edited:
So.... (Annoying eh :))

Went to Ikea yesterday and we ended up in the cafeteria for a coffee and piece of cake.
Anyway this couple aged probably late thirties sat down at the next table with a little 5 year old boy.
They had three meals and drinks.
We were all sat there approximately 45 minutes and during that time Mum and Dad continuously had their faces is in their phones. Completely absorbed in some shit.
The little boy just sat there eating and having a swig of his orange juice, just staring into space.
I just thought what the fuck is wrong with people these days that they can't put their phone down and Converse ....enjoy a meal with their little boy, what is so friggin important on the phones that they ignore each other and the child.
Anyway it kind of upset me that the kid was being ignored his parents, I had kids and wouldn't dream of doing this.
I even wanted to go over, pull up the chair and talk to the little guy.
Bad parenting example or what ?

Last edited:

Went to Ikea yesterday and we ended up in the cafeteria for a coffee and piece of cake.
Anyway this couple aged probably late thirties sat down at the next table with a little 5 year old boy.
We were all sat there approximately 45 minutes and during that time Mum and Dad continuously had their faces is in their phones. Completely absorbed in some shit.
The little boy just sat there eating and having a swig of his orange juice, just staring into space.
I just thought what the fuck is wrong with people these days that they can't put their phone down and Converse ....enjoy a meal with their little boy, what this is friggin important on the phones so that they ignore each other and the child.
Anyway it kind of upset me that the was being ignored his parents, I had kids and wouldn't dream of doing this.
Yeah, so right Bill. Not surprising if they grow up into horrors if mum and dad don't interact with them, teach them, encourage them. Jeez, its so basic.

I just thought what the fuck is wrong with people these days that they can't put their phone down and Converse ....enjoy a meal with their little boy, what this is friggin important on the phones so that they ignore each other and the child.
Anyway it kind of upset me that the was being ignored his parents, I had kids and wouldn't dream of doing this.
Bang on Bill. I watch them walking down the street pushing the little one in the pram, their faces glued to the phone either talking or texting.
Years ago there was a song (cats in the cradle?) About a dad who ignored his son, years later the roles were reversed and son ignored dad.

You HAD kids? That sounds disturbingly as though you no longer have kids. Are they ok?

I remember the good old days when my parents used to bury their heads in the newspaper and ignore me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.