Post Something Interesting

So.... (Annoying eh :))

Went to Ikea yesterday and we ended up in the cafeteria for a coffee and piece of cake.
Anyway this couple aged probably late thirties sat down at the next table with a little 5 year old boy.
They had three meals and drinks.
We were all sat there approximately 45 minutes and during that time Mum and Dad continuously had their faces is in their phones. Completely absorbed in some shit.
The little boy just sat there eating and having a swig of his orange juice, just staring into space.
I just thought what the fuck is wrong with people these days that they can't put their phone down and Converse ....enjoy a meal with their little boy, what this is friggin important on the phones so that they ignore each other and the child.
Anyway it kind of upset me that the was being ignored his parents, I had kids and wouldn't dream of doing this.
I even wanted to go over, pull up the chair and talk to the little guy.
Bad parenting example or what ?
Definitely bad parenting.
I have the pleasure of interacting with many of the wonderful public and do indeed wonder at some parents.
I encountered a family, parents appeared happy enough and a son (11) & daughter (13).
The daughter wearing a tshirt that boldly stated "I had your boyfriend last night"
I wondered if I was just out of touch and more of a grumpy old man than normal.
Tshirt was tacky enough but for parents to be quite happy for a young girl to wear it!!...sorry but I couldnt see any humour in it and just despaired at the parents.

So.... (Annoying eh :))

Went to Ikea yesterday and we ended up in the cafeteria for a coffee and piece of cake.
Anyway this couple aged probably late thirties sat down at the next table with a little 5 year old boy.
They had three meals and drinks.
We were all sat there approximately 45 minutes and during that time Mum and Dad continuously had their faces is in their phones. Completely absorbed in some shit.
The little boy just sat there eating and having a swig of his orange juice, just staring into space.
I just thought what the fuck is wrong with people these days that they can't put their phone down and Converse ....enjoy a meal with their little boy, what this is friggin important on the phones so that they ignore each other and the child.
Anyway it kind of upset me that the was being ignored his parents, I had kids and wouldn't dream of doing this.
I even wanted to go over, pull up the chair and talk to the little guy.
Bad parenting example or what ?
Maybe it wasn’t their child.

They may have been texting the ransom note.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.