Post Something Interesting

Today I learned someone scaled down north tower about 20 floors, only to fall to their death due to losing grip as south tower fell, unable to hold on due to the vibration.

I never knew that. Brave, brave person.

Tickets on sale on Friday.

Probably the last time.

When fans chant about Eng-ER-land they are indulging in epenthesis, the addition of a sound to a word to make it easier to say or to make it fit a pattern.

You all have a few.......perhaps some more than others!! :)

EYELASH MITES, also known as Demodex mites, are a type of eight-legged parasite. They live in or near the hair follicles on the face and eyes and are found primarily near the eyelashes and the eyebrows.

They have a short life cycle, about 14 to 18 days, during which they feed on the oils and dead cells that are found on the surface of the skin. At about three-tenths of a millimeter in size, Demodex mites are invisible to the naked eye.

Under a microscope, however, you would see a semi-transparent body shaped somewhat like a cigar. Their eight legs are arranged in four pairs, which makes it easier for them to grasp tubular structures like an eyelash or an eyebrow hair.

They stay hidden in the hair follicles during the day and emerge at night to eat, lay eggs and excrete waste.

Courtesy of UCLA Health.

I only found out there was such a thing, because the better half was telling me that today a woman came in with an infestation and was looking for treatment.

So now you know.

Attachments

• photo_2024-02-22_10-36-14.jpg
    photo_2024-02-22_10-36-14.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 50
You all have a few.......perhaps some more than others!! :)

EYELASH MITES, also known as Demodex mites, are a type of eight-legged parasite. They live in or near the hair follicles on the face and eyes and are found primarily near the eyelashes and the eyebrows.

They have a short life cycle, about 14 to 18 days, during which they feed on the oils and dead cells that are found on the surface of the skin. At about three-tenths of a millimeter in size, Demodex mites are invisible to the naked eye.

Under a microscope, however, you would see a semi-transparent body shaped somewhat like a cigar. Their eight legs are arranged in four pairs, which makes it easier for them to grasp tubular structures like an eyelash or an eyebrow hair.

They stay hidden in the hair follicles during the day and emerge at night to eat, lay eggs and excrete waste.

Courtesy of UCLA Health.

I only found out there was such a thing, because the better half was telling me that today a woman came in with an infestation and was looking for treatment.
B.B.Q lighter should clear that right up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.