post strike

der-bomber said:
kiam06 said:
That was ten years ago, it just is not like that anymore for the majority of postal workers.

Fantastic, looks like fetlocks wacky, zany humour ,laced with a bit of groundbait has hooked another one...

Even if he was winding me up, that view is out there and it is wrong. Der Numpty

the postmen I know throw most of their letters in the river so they can get an early tee time

kiam06 said:
der-bomber said:
Fantastic, looks like fetlocks wacky, zany humour ,laced with a bit of groundbait has hooked another one...

Even if he was winding me up, that view is out there and it is wrong. Der Numpty

Not entirely.I still know posties who finish 2-3 hrs before there meant to and get paid upto the end of there shift.My Neighbour got down to scratch from finishing his round early..that was a couple of years ago.So it does still go on and boo f**king hoo if they now have to work a bit harder!!!!!!

kiam06 said:
der-bomber said:

Three things kiam.
1) Check my post on page 2 which thoroughly supports the postal workers.
2) Don't insult respected posters for pointing out your "clarkie".
3) Lighten up and laugh a little - its an invaluable asset on here mate.

kiam06 said:

Well, actually, Mr poor-man's, cheap imitation clarkie, its apparently not, go back and read 'brand-blue-heavies' excellent post on the previous page, from someone actually working on the inside, not some know-nothing kid spouting bollocks...

der-bomber said:
kiam06 said:

Well, actually, Mr poor-man's, cheap imitation clarkie, its apparently not, go back and read 'brand-blue-heavies' excellent post on the previous page, from someone actually working on the inside, not some know-nothing kid spouting bollocks...

As per usual you are wrong, well done you are getting good at it.

brand blue heavies said:
I work for TNT and i used to work for Royal Mail(well Parcel Farce).Some interesting posts on here baout what posties used to do and what they do now.My father in law is a postie and he hates some of his fellow workers as much as he hates the management.The problem is that Royla Mail has been held back by the militant unions for years.Its almost like the Mafia in Manchester.Posties have had it easy for years and without drastic reform wouldn`t stand a chance in any modern delivery service and that includes the union,working practices and wages etc.Its true my next door neighbour who was a postie used to leave for work at 7am and be back in bed for 11am..paid til 3pm.Its still goes on.Spanish Practices,ghost overtime,its all a complete joke and no way to run a company.The whole stinking lot needs overhauling.Its also true that bullying,sexism,and racism is rife!The unions look after a minority and if your usless at your job and dont want to do something then they will back you all the way.If you actually do want to work and think that some lazy bastard is getting away with murder then your on your own.Thats why my father in law hates some of his fellow workers as much as the management as its run like a joke and has been for years.They are just going to have to accpet that jobs need to go.Not just the staff but management to.Jobs went at my place before last xmas..300 to cope with the downturn..it happens,get over it.I`d support this strike if i knew it would actually affect a proper service but its a joke and i for one cant wait for competition to come in weather it be TNT,HAYS or DHL.

The postal service has been deliberately run down for a reason, the EU demand privatisation and our government are nodding their heads so they can line their own pockets as they usually do. The unions are working with the government as they line each others pockets too.

If you think the introduction of TNT, DHL etc will improve service you are sadly mistaken, it didn't work with rail services and hospitals are a mess with the influx of private cleaning companies. It is all about making a fast buck with the people on the ground getting paid as little as possible and having as little working rights as possible, that is what is about to happen as it has in the construction industry.

Surely you can see it!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.