Potholes

I keep telling my BiL that the railways and utility companies need to be renationalised, but I have little hope it would ever happen. There are too many people and organisations who would not want to provide 'cheap' energy. No matter how 'cheap' it was to create, they would want to maximise profits, and it then becomes 'marketised' energy!

That's the problem the 6 big energy firms put large profit over actually creating cheap energy, read a report the other year, where tidal energy around our coast could sustain 20% of the countries needs.

Unfortuately it would cost billion to create offshore hydro-electric stations or convert spent north sea rigs and no one will ever be willing to spend the money

I cycle to work everyday through Wythenshawe and the pot holds are fucking out of hand! I can try and swerve then but then run risk of getting took out by a passing car, or go over them and run the risk of smashing my bollocks and my wheels! One pot hole I had to avoid as it was about a foot drop, so I thought I'd be safer getting took out by a vehicle than going flying!

I keep meaning to ring/email the council as well, as there's a blocked grid that overflows onto the road during bad weather, and the amount of danger to cyclists/cars that can be as its not a noticeably deep puddle until you go over it!

The roads are a disgrace in this country and I feel sorry for drivers who have to pay road tax.
This so nearly happened to me as a driver recently, near the road works by the airport relief road, initially I was furious with the cyclist as he swerved into my path avoiding a pot hole, I had to really slam on the anchors to avoid him. I then thought about it and came to the conclusion that had I been in the same boat as the cyclist I'd have done the same - the alternative of hitting it and going arse over tit over the handlebars is not a good option.
Therefore; either the council has to get it's act together to get these things filled in. or cycling should, somehow, be restricted to suitable routes - A whole new debate, my view? Roads are not recreational spaces.

Piss take post I take regarding EU funding?

These roads can be built anywhere, it's one town that decided to do it not some master paln to screw the uk.
If our government has any vision all new roads would be solar ones, and all new build housed would have solar roofing, with the energy poured into a nation enery company offering cheap energy to the people

fuckin hell i remember the gypo's hotwiring the streetlamps in the eighties, the fuckers wont even need ladders to hotwire the roads.

That's the problem the 6 big energy firms put large profit over actually creating cheap energy, read a report the other year, where tidal energy around our coast could sustain 20% of the countries needs.

Unfortuately it would cost billion to create offshore hydro-electric stations or convert spent north sea rigs and no one will ever be willing to spend the money

And then there's the 'bird lobby'. Tidal energy from the Severn Estuary and Morecambe Bay are as obvious as the day is long. But the constant, day in and day out aspect of cheap energy fills electricity executives with dread.

I cycle to work everyday through Wythenshawe and the pot holds are fucking out of hand! I can try and swerve then but then run risk of getting took out by a passing car, or go over them and run the risk of smashing my bollocks and my wheels! One pot hole I had to avoid as it was about a foot drop, so I thought I'd be safer getting took out by a vehicle than going flying!

I keep meaning to ring/email the council as well, as there's a blocked grid that overflows onto the road during bad weather, and the amount of danger to cyclists/cars that can be as its not a noticeably deep puddle until you go over it!

The roads are a disgrace in this country and I feel sorry for drivers who have to pay road tax.

Vehicle Emission Tax.

The roads have never been worse. Council budgets being slashed by that **** Osborne didnt help. I blame everything on that loathsome prick me
Wasn't there a proposal a few years back to ring fence £18b over a 5 year period to sort all this out. It was going to be enshrined in Statute so that no future government could divert the money elsewhere.

The roads these days are a complete disgrace, not only for drivers and cyclists, but pedestrians as well. When it rains, there are so many puddles and small ponds by the side of the road it's impossible to walk anywhere without having to watch the traffic and time your walk to avoid a soaking from a passing vehicle.

We neglected the railways for years and it cost billions to rectify them, and the same is happening with our roads.

If we could magic back to the '70's, when I learned to drive, a lot of people today would be amazed at how smooth and puddle free the roads were back then.

We've even got pot holes on motorways today.

For a nation that thinks it's the 5th richest on earth, we must have the worst roads in the developed world.

I've been to plenty of countries over the years that are poorer than the UK which have roads that put ours to shame.

We actually went a day without coal the other week which is encouraging. Once Hinkley point is up and running we could be on for a couple of days a week. As for potholes the redtape to get the job done is unbelievable. Elf and safety means traffic management a three man team to do the job and endless method statements from some idiot in an office. So say six people's wages at maybe £120 a day it will cost a fortune. I actually inquired but the initial costs were beyond me with public liability etc. Don't hold your breath.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.