Potholes

Currently in an Egertons Recovery Truck after hitting a pothole on the A500 on the Roundabout for Crewe on my way back to Chester

I'll be working out how to complain as they have been getting progressively worse for MONTHS!!

Tyre and Rim both knackered on my company car and my journey totally disrupted..

If I'd hit the same hole on my Motorbike I could easily have been off

Someone with more drive and determination than me could organise a "deepest/longest pothole competition on social media. One near the traf centre cracked the windscreen on my old banger, which means automatic mot failure and no doubt the tracking will be out.
Council's are not the cause it's govnt policy and like the legacy of the thatcher years, neglected infrastructure costs far more in the long run than maintaining it, bleedin obvious but spending more to fit the austerity dogma is beyond parody.

One's on Fernclough Road in Harpurhey are lethal and there is one in Oldham Road near City centre that I always try and avoid!

A little bit of Oldham Road has been 'surface dressed' but they haven't bothered to raise a grid that's right in line with one of yer car wheels. Bump!
I went all the way up Oldham Rd from town right the way to Hollinwood a few weeks ago and it was like driving over the side of the moon. I needed to be in a buggy not a seat ibiza. I hit a pothole near that McDonalds in Failsworth that was so brutal I was sure Id caused damage to the car but luckily nothing.

Bast*rd. Feckin' mega pothole just totalled my tyre on Wilmslow Road. Thought I'd hit a landmine: Sidewall split, unrepairable. Big tyre too- 245/17.

To make matters worse, I'd just put 4 new ones on less than a month ago.

I'm usually alert and avoid them but it was dark. Well piss*d off.

I know it's small beer but now got to get a part worn tomorrow. We better sign Laporte to cheer me up.

giphy.gif

Back in the 1980s, long before any cuts, I worked for a certain local council's engineers department. At that time it was calculated it would take 75 years to resurface all the roads in the borough.

So now it's likely 250 years. Thing is with this stuff, one way or another, you pay for it. Either in taxation or car repair costs/higher insurance. Unless everyone gives up moving about except on foot. One day we may get a government elected that sees this obvious truth.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.