Poverty in UK

More nonsense I’m afraid. The connection between income of farmers and the duchy’s wealth is that the duchy is their landlord. Perhaps that passed you by.
The duchy is legally owned by the royal family and the heir is the beneficial owner.
You are fixated on the politics of envy being the motivation behind criticisms of inequality, but you cannot produce any evidence for that. You should not ascribe base motives to everybody you disagree with. It’s so childish.

Who would be their landlord otherwise? Probably a corporation or pension fund.

Terms like 'they' and 'us' make it hard to understand the point you're making..
Society (people?) Don't care about about the weak? I don't believe that, there's love in the world, it's not all 'contempt' as you say
We're all striving aren't we? Sick, young, old, whatever

I'm aware that not everyone is a Tory psychopath.

My own experience of life - sexual abuse by older (unrelated) children , useless parents who bought their own home when they should have settled for a council house, autism etc. has led me to believe that for some life is a fate worse than death and that they should be able to seek a painless exit.

People can spout off about envy and jealousy and people being entitled to "do well for themselves" all they like but the indisputable fact is that the wealth divide has massively opened up in recent decades and the opportunity for business owners and "entrepreneurs" to enrich themselves at the expense of their employees and society in general has equally increased.

I grew up in a typical Manchester post-war 3 bed semi in the 70's. My dad was a blue collar worker (newspaper printer) and most of the neighbours on our street were also working class but, there were a couple of our neighbours who were local business owners.

Yes those business owners had slightly posher cars than the rest of the street and they enjoyed 'exotic' holidays to Marbella once a year, but their general standard of living wasn't really that different to that of their blue collar employees, in fact some of their employees actually lived on the same street in the same 3 bed semi's as their bosses.

These days it would be the case that those business owners would be living in an £800k pad in Wilmslow with matching his n hers £100k Range Rovers on the drive and a nice little holiday home and speedboat in Rhosneigr.

Meanwhile their employees will now be renting some scruffy 2 bed terrace in a rough part of town with their entire income going on essential living expenses.

People can spout off about envy and jealousy and people being entitled to "do well for themselves" all they like but the indisputable fact is that the wealth divide has massively opened up in recent decades and the opportunity for business owners and "entrepreneurs" to enrich themselves at the expense of their employees and society in general has equally increased.

I grew up in a typical Manchester post-war 3 bed semi in the 70's. My dad was a blue collar worker (newspaper printer) and most of the neighbours on our street were also working class but, there were a couple of our neighbours who were local business owners.

Yes those business owners had slightly posher cars than the rest of the street and they enjoyed 'exotic' holidays to Marbella once a year, but their general standard of living wasn't really that different to that of their blue collar employees, in fact some of their employees actually lived on the same street in the same 3 bed semi's as their bosses.

These days it would be the case that those business owners would be living in an £800k pad in Wilmslow with matching his n hers £100k Range Rovers on the drive and a nice little holiday home and speedboat in Rhosneigr.

Meanwhile their employees will now be renting some scruffy 2 bed terrace in a rough part of town with their entire income going on essential living expenses.
The good thing about this country is the ' down trodden ' employees can get off thier arses and they too are quite easily able, if so desired, to do exactly what their boss did .

The good thing about this country is the ' down trodden ' employees can get off thier arses and they too are quite easily able, if so desired, to do exactly what their boss did .
Yes if you're willing to exploit a system that has seen wages for the low to middle earners stagnate for the last 25 years as well as employee rights and workers T&C's noticeably eroded, or if you're willing to use leverage to aquire property, in particular at the lower end of the market, which you then rent out to people who can no longer afford to purchase their first home... then you too can indeed do just what those business owners and "entrepreneurs" have done.

Yes if you're willing to exploit a system that has seen wages for the low to middle earners stagnate for the last 25 years as well as employee rights and workers T&C's noticeably eroded, or if you're willing to use leverage to aquire property, in particular at the lower end of the market, which you then rent out to people who can no longer afford to purchase their first home... then you too can indeed do just what those business owners and "entrepreneurs" have done.
or you could spend your life complaining and banging on about how bad things are.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.