Pozo

Caveman said:
Absolutely nowt wrong with posting videos whatsoever. Saif's posts are more interesting than many people with 10k+ post counts or people who've been here for donkeys so I say keep it up lad.

Good thread topic, this. The Messi comparison is a bit far fetched so let's not get carried away, but I've seen young Pozo a few times and been very impressed each time. Him and Lopes are the best talents in the EDS and hopefully we are developing them properly (I have real worries about the way we've been running our EDS!).

I see Suarez might be off to Barça. To be honest I'm not overly concerned about that as I've seen him a fair few times now and not ever been overly impressed with him.

But I like your threads mate. The videos are good and the topics are positive. I think some very experienced posters of this forum could take a lead out of your book. Just stop saying "dude"!

-- Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:42 am --

MCFC-alan88 said:
FantasyIreland said:
Yep,a great suggestion.

It will make for easy reference,keep the place tidy and help stop attention seekers.

And more importantly, keep them away from the rest of us.
Shit idea.

This is the Bluemoon Forum for "All City related discussion here" so it belongs in here.

Thanks. And I'll top saying 'dude' ;) Well thats the last time I'm saying it...

Saif1994 said:
Caveman said:
Absolutely nowt wrong with posting videos whatsoever. Saif's posts are more interesting than many people with 10k+ post counts or people who've been here for donkeys so I say keep it up lad.

Good thread topic, this. The Messi comparison is a bit far fetched so let's not get carried away, but I've seen young Pozo a few times and been very impressed each time. Him and Lopes are the best talents in the EDS and hopefully we are developing them properly (I have real worries about the way we've been running our EDS!).

I see Suarez might be off to Barça. To be honest I'm not overly concerned about that as I've seen him a fair few times now and not ever been overly impressed with him.

But I like your threads mate. The videos are good and the topics are positive. I think some very experienced posters of this forum could take a lead out of your book. Just stop saying "dude"!

-- Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:42 am --

MCFC-alan88 said:
And more importantly, keep them away from the rest of us.
Shit idea.

This is the Bluemoon Forum for "All City related discussion here" so it belongs in here.

Thanks. And I'll top saying 'dude' ;) Well thats the last time I'm saying it...

Cheers Dude !

Saif1994 said:
kun said:
Saif1994 said:
What a talent this dude is. He's better than Messi was at 17 and he's probably the best forward who is 17 years old in the world now! Fast forward 6 years and he could be winning the Ballon D'or in a City shirt! Our future looks bright.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lm-EIND7tyI&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

What do you guys think? And for goodness sake its not my video and I'm not promoting it!
Then why do you only post videos from the same 'youtuber', and seem to make up a random topic based around his new video every time he brings one out?

Because its the only channel on the whole of youtube that makes City videos like every 2 days. And the videos are thought provoking. For me at least. I'll probably never do it again after all the crap you guys give me :P I always put videos on in threads I start anyway City players or not.. I blame that Pudge or Pidgeonho guy, he started this bullshit rumour...

Pigeonho is a rag, continue posting, great video<br /><br />-- Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:51 pm --<br /><br />I'm sure fantasyireland is a rag also

I'm With Stupid said:
If he was as good as Messi was at 17, he'd already be playing in the first team.

Maybe he SHOULD be on the bench , we've had far worse players than him on there at times!

black mamba said:
I'm With Stupid said:
If he was as good as Messi was at 17, he'd already be playing in the first team.

Maybe he SHOULD be on the bench , we've had far worse players than him on there at times!

Exactly. Hopefully with the new management we'll see more of these lads being given more of an opportunity.

I'm With Stupid said:

I understand what you're trying to say. However it is worth mentioning that the quality and technical level of football is constantly on the rise. Players are stronger, fitter and more intelligent because of developments in medicine and sports science and better technology. You can see a difference even over a small period like 8 years from 2002 to the 2010 world cup.

A player that was the best 60 years ago, (Pele for example), would not be anywhere near the best now unless he had also benefitted from the modern careful attention of medical staff, nutritionists, fitness coaches, video technology that helps you improve your game that players benefit from now. And even then it is very much down to luck and circumstances that allow you to progress such as a good coach or being put in the first team.

Pozo in my honest opinion is at a higher level than Messi at 17. By that I mean he can pass the ball better, seems to have more control in dribbling and his finishing is more refined. He is also physically strong and quick. Think about this right now, the person who wins the Ballon D'or in 5-10 years is already born and is probably a 14 to 19 year old playing in a youth academy somewhere. Anything can happen from now, just like as someone mentioned Pozo is injured. Messi had one serious injury a few years ago when he broke his leg. At the time the club underwent many changes in their catering and staff. Rijkaard allowed Messi to train with the first team and on his debut he scored that chip from a Ronaldinho pass. Guardiola arrived and played him more centrally and here he is now - the best player in the world. As I said earlier this positive sequence of events and circumstances allowed Messi to progress as a player and ultimately become the best. Had anything broken in this chain, whether it be injuries, change of coach for the worse, or personal problems, the level at which the player is could be affected by a huge amount.

The reason I'm saying this is that where Pozo ends up and by how much he improves depends entirely on the next few years - the most important stages of his development. Whether Pellegrini puts him straight into the first team - can Manchester City afford the risk to do this and continue to win titles? - or he stays injury free, or the cold weather, there is a lot that determines what happens to Pozo. All I'm saying is that Pozo has got the advantage and is starting off at a higher point up the mountain and with a helping hand of new technology and sports medicine. How fast he is able to climb and what obstacles are in his path will determine how high he eventually reaches.

MadchesterCity said:
Saif1994 said:
kun said:
Then why do you only post videos from the same 'youtuber', and seem to make up a random topic based around his new video every time he brings one out?

Because its the only channel on the whole of youtube that makes City videos like every 2 days. And the videos are thought provoking. For me at least. I'll probably never do it again after all the crap you guys give me :P I always put videos on in threads I start anyway City players or not.. I blame that Pudge or Pidgeonho guy, he started this bullshit rumour...

Pigeonho is a rag, continue posting, great video

-- Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:51 pm --

I'm sure fantasyireland is a rag also
What about me? : (

Better than Messi was at 17 lmfao, nice joke mate.

That first goal on the compilation is reminiscent of Ibrahimovic's wonder goal in his Ajax days...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vz5VL3mcso4[/youtube]

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.