Pozo

As said, certainly looks as though playing behind the striker is going to be his natural position. Did alright in the main, wasn't seeing much of the ball but no lone striker coming up against 3 central defenders would. Thought he showed great discipline not to come deep looking for the ball at times and instead got himself into some good areas where he knew he was never going to get the ball but meant at least 2 of the central defenders had to occupy him to make sure of that and always looked to get himself in the box when there was a chance to get a ball in. Probably not quite ready for the first team yet, loaning him out to a good championship side would probably do him the world of good in an ideal world but right now he's getting minutes and is needed in our first team. he's looking promising.

Damocles said:
MC ID said:
Having watched him quite a lot in the EDS I'm going to be slightly bold and say while yes that was a good debut, he by no means played to the best of his ability. To me at least he seemed unsure of what to do, whether to commit to runs or try to come deep to get involved with play (chalk this partly down to some players were hesitant to pass to him). Honestly though that has nothing to do with skill, more the situation and experience. He is actually better than what we saw tonight.

Good post, I agree.

I thought everything he did tonight screamed "YOUNG PLAYER". Many of the other players were hesitant in passing to him when they would have given the ball to Aguero and Pozo didn't know sometimes whether to stick or twist with his run.

His movement was a bit "all enthusiasm, no brains" and he should really have scored with his chance. It was less to do with Howard pulling off some kind of world class save and more to do with Pozo not really being composed and attempting to lift it a bit.

He's much better than what we saw tonight and given more game time he can be an important player for us

I think that's a bit harsh Damo, the ball was pinged in pretty quickly and he reacted well, got his shot away, low and on target.

stony said:
Damocles said:
MC ID said:
Having watched him quite a lot in the EDS I'm going to be slightly bold and say while yes that was a good debut, he by no means played to the best of his ability. To me at least he seemed unsure of what to do, whether to commit to runs or try to come deep to get involved with play (chalk this partly down to some players were hesitant to pass to him). Honestly though that has nothing to do with skill, more the situation and experience. He is actually better than what we saw tonight.

Good post, I agree.

I thought everything he did tonight screamed "YOUNG PLAYER". Many of the other players were hesitant in passing to him when they would have given the ball to Aguero and Pozo didn't know sometimes whether to stick or twist with his run.

His movement was a bit "all enthusiasm, no brains" and he should really have scored with his chance. It was less to do with Howard pulling off some kind of world class save and more to do with Pozo not really being composed and attempting to lift it a bit.

He's much better than what we saw tonight and given more game time he can be an important player for us

I think that's a bit harsh Damo, the ball was pinged in pretty quickly and he reacted well, got his shot away, low and on target.

Agree with this. Also agree that he's better than he showed, but as I said before he really wasn't trusted with the ball as much as he should have been, must of been frustrating.

Very unlucky not to score tonight. Still so young but if we need a goal put him on wouldn't start with him as dzeko is the man we need now aguero will be out for a while. Trying both at the same time in the league could be a shout ESP at home pending who we play.

Puppet Master Silva said:
stony said:
Damocles said:
Good post, I agree.

Agree with this. Also agree that he's better than he showed, but as I said before he really wasn't trusted with the ball as much as he should have been, must of been frustrating.

He did look a little unsure of himself at times, but he got into some good positions and was ignored a few times. If Dzeko or Aguero had made the same space in the same places they would have received the ball and got a shot away.
I'm not blaming the players though, they train with him every day and I'm willing to trust their judgement on this.

Agreed he needs to bulk up a bit, but I was impressed with his strength(maybe determination) shown when holding the ball up against Barkley, a definite prospect. Also I didn't notice Nasri/other players not passing to him, id imagine more like he wasn't in the right position for the ball, Nasri was superb today, we all know he has the skill, but he made some wonderful tackles and interceptions today

Did nowt for first 20 on the pitch, did nowt for next half hour, missed a sitter, shook hands with ref, substituted.

EalingBlue2 said:
dobobobo said:
I see him more as a brilliant midfield player, but I'm happy as fuck he got a run today...just wish it was for a different reason.
I though he looked like one of the support attacker like a jovetic rather than an aguero or dzeko

Aye, seeing as Jovetic is made of glass and probably on his way out, I think Pozo would be the ideal replacement.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.