Pre match thread : Borussia Monchengladbach away CL

Status
Not open for further replies.
"It's anybody's guess as to which City will turn up"

If I had a quid for every time I've heard that over the last 50 years I'd be a very rich man!

Thought "Typical City" was dead. It's very much alive and kicking ;)

Maybe I am too pessimistic now, but am I the only one feeling it could be a bit like that Stuttgart game was in last pre season game in August? Its clear our squad is way more quality, but Stuggart on that day turned up ready to beat us, they pressed us so much what we hate, Monchegladbach will make their homework for sure about us, (will Pelle do the same about their play?).

If they will be able to press us well that means we will lose probably tactical discipline and shape like we usually do when opponent is pressing well. While scoring against us isnt some magical thing, you need 2-3 good chances to score basically 2-3 goals if you play against City. (Juve, WHU, Spurs good examples of that.) The conversation rate against us feels incredible high for me. That certainly has to have some tactical reason as well.

If we want imo our usualy style, possession based football, with bit of trickery while not much effort put into defending and tracking back, then I think we will play right into the Germas hands because thats what they will try to play against. With bit of heavy pressing they can cause chaos in our midfield and defence easily imo. And every German side are able to do pressing belive me even the mediocre ones like Stuttgart showed us.

Lets hope all Pelle is doing until the game is making a gameplan for it, and making sure we wont be fucking surprised if the opponent comes out pressing us well and we lose shape, will be sending long balls to nowhere and things we usually do in times like that.

There is no question imo if we dont win this game than 1st place finish imo is incredible hard in the group. But to be fair I am not even 100% sure we get 2nd this is a tricky group big time. Also hoping Juve-Sevilla is a draw.

Fairly reasoned and poignant post. Only Sagna, Kolarov, and Sterling started against Stuttgart and Spurs, which in some ways shows the problem of fielding an ever-changing side. I agree that we look terribly brittle against sides who go at us, and it always feels that goals against us seem to happen in almost slow motion, perhaps because our defensive shape is all over the place, perhaps because we have too many players shirking responsibility. At the same time, though, when the chips are down we tend to put in a performance, ala Roma away, and that gives me cause for hope against Monchengladbach.

People will think i'm mad but if Silva's not fit i'd play KDB as the 10 and through Roberts in:

Roberts......KDB......Sterling

.............Aguero.............

Nasri's lost his balls, Navas has lost his confidence, so through some fresh meat in that's buzzing and will give 100%

I wouldn't play KDB,or Sterling
Hart
Zabs demi otti AK
Fernandinho Zucc
Navas Roberts Nasri
Kun

Bring them on from the bench

People will think i'm mad but if Silva's not fit i'd play KDB as the 10 and through Roberts in:

Roberts......KDB......Sterling

.............Aguero.............

Nasri's lost his balls, Navas has lost his confidence, so through some fresh meat in that's buzzing and will give 100%
roberts not registered in CL squad, also not eligible for B list either. Roberts will play UEFA Youth League for the U19s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.