Pre match thread : Borussia Monchengladbach away CL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be careful, few thought we would lose the 3 points against Spurs either.

We lost to Spurs because we were missing key players and played as if we had a full strength side.

If we would have tactically adapted we would have easily won.

We rest the key players and take a similar approach to what we did in Rome we will win.

i can see the team being decimated by injuries , Hart , sagna , demichelis , otamendi , zabs - navas , fernando , dinho , nasri , sterling -- aguero , would play zabs at left back , even with limited match fitness ,we need to be more solid , and he is a leader , and unless MP decides to risk a half fit merlin,yaya and vinny , would take a draw now.

--------Hart--------
PZ--MDM--NO--BS
-Nando---Dinho-
-JN----KdB----RS-
--------SA---------

Kolarov needs a break & has been utter gash recently, get Sagna over there with Zab back on the right. Just play on the counter, KdB with his directness to the pace of Navas, Sterling & Aguero should be enough to cause them problems. Nasri could start over KdB (break) or Navas which wouldn't surprise me.

Give Toure, Silva & Kompany the match off, the team there is easily strong enough to get 3 points & we absolutely need these guys fit to get back on track in PL. However I expect Pellegrini will probably throw Kompany straight back in knowing him.

--------Hart--------
PZ--MDM--NO--BS
-Nando---Dinho-
-JN----KdB----RS-
--------SA---------

Kolarov needs a break & has been utter gash recently, get Sagna over there with Zab back on the right. Just play on the counter, KdB with his directness to the pace of Navas, Sterling & Aguero should be enough to cause them problems. Nasri could start over KdB (break) or Navas which wouldn't surprise me.

Give Toure, Silva & Kompany the match off, the team there is easily strong enough to get 3 points & we absolutely need these guys fit to get back on track in PL. However I expect Pellegrini will probably throw Kompany straight back in knowing him.

This this this this

Team picks itself due to injuries zabba can't be ready to start this game after just 1 weeks training

hart

sagna
demi
nicolas
kolarov

nando
Diniho

navas
kdb
sterling

aguero

not gonna make a prediction as I can't bring myself to post what I'm thinking!

We lost to Spurs because we were missing key players and played as if we had a full strength side.

We rest the key players and take a similar approach to what we did in Rome we will win.

We're the worst best team at chasing a lead in Europe. Every team in the Champions league and Premiership knows if they can nick a goal against us, we lose our shape. That's down to a lack of discipline from the players and a lack direction from the training team

We usually do well against German teams.........................oooops! - forgot Stuttgart 4 - 0 after 40 mins...........

We'll still be missing key players in your lineup though and you have Willy starting again. And I don't know why our tactics would suddenly be much different this time.

Maybe I am too pessimistic now, but am I the only one feeling it could be a bit like that Stuttgart game was in last pre season game in August? Its clear our squad is way more quality, but Stuggart on that day turned up ready to beat us, they pressed us so much what we hate, Monchegladbach will make their homework for sure about us, (will Pelle do the same about their play?).

If they will be able to press us well that means we will lose probably tactical discipline and shape like we usually do when opponent is pressing well. While scoring against us isnt some magical thing, you need 2-3 good chances to score basically 2-3 goals if you play against City. (Juve, WHU, Spurs good examples of that.) The conversation rate against us feels incredible high for me. That certainly has to have some tactical reason as well.

If we want imo our usualy style, possession based football, with bit of trickery while not much effort put into defending and tracking back, then I think we will play right into the Germas hands because thats what they will try to play against. With bit of heavy pressing they can cause chaos in our midfield and defence easily imo. And every German side are able to do pressing belive me even the mediocre ones like Stuttgart showed us.

Lets hope all Pelle is doing until the game is making a gameplan for it, and making sure we wont be fucking surprised if the opponent comes out pressing us well and we lose shape, will be sending long balls to nowhere and things we usually do in times like that.

There is no question imo if we dont win this game than 1st place finish imo is incredible hard in the group. But to be fair I am not even 100% sure we get 2nd this is a tricky group big time. Also hoping Juve-Sevilla is a draw.

It was a Pre-season friendly at Stuttgart and we put that form to bed early doors this season.
Whatever happens on Wednesday it will in no way equate to a pre-season friendly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.